Invision Power Board

asus

I go to set up the account, i put in the stuff.... and the error i get is

Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in g:\phpdev5\www\public\fm\upload\sm_install.php on line 342

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in g:\phpdev5\www\public\fm\upload\sm_install.php on line 342

any idea!!

Read what it says: "Access denied for user"

1. The user you specified doesn't have access to your mysql database.

2. The user doesn't exist.

3. You typed the wrong password for that user.

I dont understand, i have not set up any type of database!! I dont recal making any usernames eather?? Lol , im a bit confused on how to set it up... i am use to carappy .asp :P !! what do i kneed to do to prepair to use this web forum? Do i have to creat anything? Thanks

o... i am now hosting off appachie or however you spell it ;)

I dont understand, i have not set up any type of database!! I dont recal making any usernames eather?? Lol , im a bit confused on how to set it up... i am use to carappy .asp :P !! what do i kneed to do to prepair to use this web forum? Do i have to creat anything? Thanks

o... i am now hosting off appachie or however you spell it ;)

You need to install MySQL on your box. :google: Invision uses a MySQL database to store it's information, thus you will need to create a database for it once you have installed MySQL. You will also need to setup a user that has permissions to access the new database you create.

Thanks LinuXProX!!! I got it working... could you suggest how to modd this forum... i know it is VERY moddable... just look at this fantastic webpage :D , i would like it to be similar in usibility! Something easy, that the average user can come along and use. Any suggestions, programs to add in.. "and how to do that :P " PM me or email me if you still have my email "asus"

:sleep:

the forum

Edited by asus

Thanks LinuXProX!!! I got it working... could you suggest how to modd this forum... i know it is VERY moddable... just look at this fantastic webpage :D , i would like it to be similar in usibility! Something easy, that the average user can come along and use. Any suggestions, programs to add in.. "and how to do that :P " PM me or email me if you still have my email "asus"

:sleep:

the forum

The main files to look at are within skins folder and sources folder. It's all PHP so it's not very hard to change anything, if you know PHP.

There is the problem!! :P , is there any way to graphically edit the "look" "skin" of the forum? Could you give me some tips on how i may go about changing things, is the oriantation of graphics on the screen related to some code in php? Or can i just have it replace the image, like... the OverclocersClub logo, at the top, do you just del..."Invision_logo.gif" and add "occ_logo.gif"? Or you you have to do some fancy editing that takes 5 hours, because you dont know the first thing about PHP

and dont tell me, i know :google::P , but whada you thing

thanks Matt

There is the problem!! :P , is there any way to graphically edit the "look" "skin" of the forum? Could you give me some tips on how i may go about changing things, is the oriantation of graphics on the screen related to some code in php? Or can i just have it replace the image, like... the OverclocersClub logo, at the top, do you just del..."Invision_logo.gif" and add "occ_logo.gif"? Or you you have to do some fancy editing that takes 5 hours, because you dont know the first thing about PHP

and dont tell me, i know :google::P , but whada you thing

thanks Matt

Like you said, just replace your logo with the file name of the image. That's the easiest way to do it. Change colors of things within the CSS style sheet.

Thanks for the help, but a bit more is needed! I have this file, atached! I am trying to edit the colors of the forum, and i screwed it all up.. luckely i made a backup :P but, could you help me in making a backround and text similar to overclockersclub! It would be great, then i could also anilyse what you did and mabe try and LEARN SOMETHING :lol:, it would be greatly apprishiated!!

Thanks ASUS

o ya

this is also what i got

html { overflow-x: auto }

BODY { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #000; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; background-color: #FFF; text-align: center }

TABLE, TR, TD { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #000 }

#ipbwrapper { text-align: left; width: 95%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto }

a:link, a:visited, a:active { text-decoration: underline; color: #000 }

a:hover { color: #465584; text-decoration: underline }

fieldset.search { padding: 6px; line-height: 150% }

label { cursor: pointer }

form { display: inline }

img { vertical-align: middle; border: 0px }

img.attach { border: 2px outset #EEF2F7; padding: 2px }

.googleroot { padding: 6px; line-height: 130% }

.googlechild { padding: 6px; margin-left: 30px; line-height: 130% }

.googlebottom, .googlebottom a:link, .googlebottom a:visited, .googlebottom a:active { font-size: 11px; color: #3A4F6C }

.googlish, .googlish a:link, .googlish a:visited, .googlish a:active { font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; color: #00D }

.googlepagelinks { font-size: 1.1em; letter-spacing: 1px }

.googlesmall, .googlesmall a:link, .googlesmall a:active, .googlesmall a:visited { font-size: 10px; color: #434951 }

li.helprow { padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px }

ul#help { padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px }

option.cat { font-weight: bold }

option.sub { font-weight: bold; color: #555 }

.caldate { text-align: right; font-weight: bold; font-size: 11px; color: #777; background-color: #DFE6EF; padding: 4px; margin: 0px }

.warngood { color: green }

.warnbad { color: red }

#padandcenter { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; padding: 14px 0px 14px 0px }

#profilename { font-size: 28px; font-weight: bold }

#calendarname { font-size: 22px; font-weight: bold }

#photowrap { padding: 6px }

#phototitle { font-size: 24px; border-bottom: 1px solid black }

#photoimg { text-align: center; margin-top: 15px }

#ucpmenu { line-height: 150%; width: 22%; border: 1px solid #345487; background-color: #F5F9FD }

#ucpmenu p { padding: 2px 5px 6px 9px; margin: 0px }

#ucpcontent { background-color: #F5F9FD; border: 1px solid #345487; line-height: 150%; width: auto }

#ucpcontent p { padding: 10px; margin: 0px }

#ipsbanner { position: absolute; top: 1px; right: 5% }

#logostrip { border: 1px solid #345487; background-color: #3860BB; background-image: url(style_images/<#IMG_DIR#>/tile_back.gif); padding: 0px; margin: 0px }

#submenu { border: 1px solid #BCD0ED; background-color: #DFE6EF; font-size: 10px; margin: 3px 0px 3px 0px; color: #3A4F6C; font-weight: bold }

#submenu a:link, #submenu a:visited, #submenu a:active { font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: none; color: #3A4F6C }

#userlinks { border: 1px solid #C2CFDF; background-color: #F0F5FA }

#navstrip { font-weight: bold; padding: 6px 0px 6px 0px }

.activeuserstrip { background-color: #BCD0ED; padding: 6px }

.pformstrip { background-color: #D1DCEB; color: #3A4F6C; font-weight: bold; padding: 7px; margin-top: 1px }

.pformleft { background-color: #F5F9FD; padding: 6px; margin-top: 1px; width: 25%; border-top: 1px solid #C2CFDF; border-right: 1px solid #C2CFDF }

.pformleftw { background-color: #F5F9FD; padding: 6px; margin-top: 1px; width: 40%; border-top: 1px solid #C2CFDF; border-right: 1px solid #C2CFDF }

.pformright { background-color: #F5F9FD; padding: 6px; margin-top: 1px; border-top: 1px solid #C2CFDF }

.signature { font-size: 10px; color: #339; line-height: 150% }

.postdetails { font-size: 10px }

.postcolor { font-size: 12px; line-height: 160% }

.normalname { font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #003 }

.normalname a:link, .normalname a:visited, .normalname a:active { font-size: 12px }

.unreg { font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; color: #900 }

.post1 { background-color: #F5F9FD }

.post2 { background-color: #EEF2F7 }

.postlinksbar { background-color: #D1DCEB; padding: 7px; margin-top: 1px; font-size: 10px; background-image: url(style_images/<#IMG_DIR#>/tile_sub.gif) }

.row1 { background-color: #F5F9FD }

.row2 { background-color: #DFE6EF }

.row3 { background-color: #EEF2F7 }

.row4 { background-color: #E4EAF2 }

.darkrow1 { background-color: #C2CFDF; color: #4C77B6 }

.darkrow2 { background-color: #BCD0ED; color: #3A4F6C }

.darkrow3 { background-color: #D1DCEB; color: #3A4F6C }

.hlight { background-color: #DFE6EF }

.dlight { background-color: #EEF2F7 }

.titlemedium { font-weight: bold; color: #3A4F6C; padding: 7px; margin: 0px; background-image: url(style_images/<#IMG_DIR#>/tile_sub.gif) }

.titlemedium a:link, .titlemedium a:visited, .titlemedium a:active { text-decoration: underline; color: #3A4F6C }

.maintitle { vertical-align: middle; font-weight: bold; color: #FFF; padding: 8px 0px 8px 5px; background-image: url(style_images/<#IMG_DIR#>/tile_back.gif) }

.maintitle a:link, .maintitle a:visited, .maintitle a:active { text-decoration: none; color: #FFF }

.maintitle a:hover { text-decoration: underline }

.plainborder { border: 1px solid #345487; background-color: #F5F9FD }

.tableborder { border: 1px solid #345487; background-color: #FFF; padding: 0; margin: 0 }

.tablefill { border: 1px solid #345487; background-color: #F5F9FD; padding: 6px }

.tablepad { background-color: #F5F9FD; padding: 6px }

.tablebasic { width: 100%; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px }

.wrapmini { float: left; line-height: 1.5em; width: 25% }

.pagelinks { float: left; line-height: 1.2em; width: 35% }

.desc { font-size: 10px; color: #434951 }

.edit { font-size: 9px }

.searchlite { font-weight: bold; color: #F00; background-color: #FF0 }

#QUOTE { white-space: normal; font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; color: #465584; background-color: #FAFCFE; border: 1px solid #000; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px }

#CODE { white-space: normal; font-family: Courier, Courier New, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; color: #465584; background-color: #FAFCFE; border: 1px solid #000; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px }

.copyright { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif; font-size: 9px; line-height: 12px }

.codebuttons { font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: middle }

.forminput, .textinput, .radiobutton, .checkbox { font-size: 11px; font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: middle }

.thin { padding: 6px 0px 6px 0px; line-height: 140%; margin: 2px 0px 2px 0px; border-top: 1px solid #FFF; border-bottom: 1px solid #FFF }

.purple { color: purple; font-weight: bold }

.red { color: red; font-weight: bold }

.green { color: green; font-weight: bold }

.blue { color: blue; font-weight: bold }

.orange { color: #F90; font-weight: bold }

i tryed editing it form there to and i screwed it up also :O

edit:

i am trying to set up the email distribution, so, if you join, you get the comformation and reply email! I have no idea how that works,, if you could help, it would be great! Thanks Asus

http://www.overcolockers-layer.dontexist.com

Edited by asus

I cant get the top bright blue border to change color, and i cant get the division underneeth the topic, take a look

http://crazymod.dyndns.org:8080/public/fm/...php?showtopic=2

hear is the code i am using for the current page above :P

/* FIX IE6 Scrollbars bug - Leave this in! */

html { overflow-x: auto; }

/* Body entry, change forum page background colour, default font, font size, etc. Leave text-align:center to center board content

#ipwrapper will set text-align back to left for the forum. Any other tables / divs you use must use text-align:left to re-align

the content properly. This is a work around to a known Internet Explorer bug */

BODY { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #ff9900; margin:0px;padding:0px;background-color:#00024A; text-align:center }

TABLE, TR, TD { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #ff9900; }

/* MAIN WRAPPER: Adjust forum width here. Leave margins alone to auto-center content */

#ipbwrapper { text-align:left; width:95%; margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto }

#ipbwrapper img { vertical-align:middle; border: 0px }

a:link, a:visited, a:active { text-decoration: underline; color: #ff9900 }

a:hover { color: #ff9900; text-decoration:underline }

fieldset.search { padding:6px; line-height:150% }

label { cursor:pointer; }

form { display:inline; }

img.attach { border:2px outset #286D93;padding:2px }

.googleroot { padding:6px; line-height:130% }

.googlechild { padding:6px; margin-left:30px; line-height:130% }

.googlebottom, .googlebottom a:link, .googlebottom a:visited, .googlebottom a:active { font-size:11px; color: #ff9900; }

.googlish, .googlish a:link, .googlish a:visited, .googlish a:active { font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; color:#ff9900; }

.googlepagelinks { font-size:1.1em; letter-spacing:1px }

.googlesmall, .googlesmall a:link, .googlesmall a:active, .googlesmall a:visited { font-size:10px; color:#ff9900 }

li.helprow { padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px }

ul#help { padding:0px 0px 0px 15px }

option.cat { font-weight:bold; }

option.sub { font-weight:bold;color:#ff9900 }

.caldate { text-align:right;font-weight:bold;font-size:11px;color:#ff9900;background-color:#00024A;padding:4px;margin:0px }

.warngood { color:green }

.warnbad { color:red }

#padandcenter { margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;text-align:center;padding:14px 0px 14px 0px }

#profilename { font-size:28px; font-weight:bold; }

#calendarname { font-size:22px; font-weight:bold; }

#photowrap { padding:6px; }

#phototitle { font-size:24px; border-bottom:1px solid black }

#photoimg { text-align:center; margin-top:15px }

#ucpmenu { line-height:150%;width:22%; border:1px solid #286D93;background-color: #F5F9FD }

#ucpmenu p { padding:2px 5px 6px 9px;margin:0px; }

#ucpcontent { background-color: #00024A; border:1px solid #286D93;line-height:150%; width:auto }

#ucpcontent p { padding:10px;margin:0px; }

#ipsbanner { position:absolute;top:1px;right:5%; }

#logostrip { border:1px solid #286D93;background-color: #00024A;background-image:url(style_images/<#IMG_DIR#>/tile_back.gif);padding:0px;margin:0px; }

#submenu { border:1px solid #286D93;background-color: #00024A;font-size:10px;margin:3px 0px 3px 0px;color:#ff9900;font-weight:bold;}

#submenu a:link, #submenu a:visited, #submenu a:active { font-weight:bold;font-size:10px;text-decoration: none; color: #3A4F6C; }

#userlinks { border:1px solid #286D93; background-color: #00024A }

#navstrip { font-weight:bold;padding:6px 0px 6px 0px; }

.activeuserstrip { background-color:#00024A; padding:6px }

/* Form stuff (post / profile / etc) */

.pformstrip { background-color: #00024A; color:#3A4F6C;font-weight:bold;padding:7px;margin-top:1px }

.pformleft { background-color: #00024A; padding:6px; margin-top:1px;width:25%; border-top:1px solid #286D93; border-right:1px solid #286D93; }

.pformleftw { background-color: #00024A; padding:6px; margin-top:1px;width:40%; border-top:1px solid #286D93 border-right:1px solid #286D93; }

.pformright { background-color: #00024A; padding:6px; margin-top:1px;border-top:1px solid #286D93; }

/* Topic View elements */

.signature { font-size: 10px; color: #ff9900; line-height:150% }

.postdetails { font-size: 10px }

.postcolor { font-size: 12px; line-height: 160% }

.normalname { font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #003 }

.normalname a:link, .normalname a:visited, .normalname a:active { font-size: 12px }

.unreg { font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; color: #ff9900 }

.post1 { background-color: #00024A }

.post2 { background-color: #00024A }

.postlinksbar { background-color:#00024A;padding:7px;margin-top:1px;font-size:10px; background-image: url(style_images/<#IMG_DIR#>/tile_sub.gif) }

/* Common elements */

.row1 { background-color: #00024A }

.row2 { background-color: #00024A }

.row3 { background-color: #00024A }

.row4 { background-color: #00024A }

.darkrow1 { background-color: #00024A; color:#0033CC; }

.darkrow2 { background-color: #00024A; color:#0033CC; }

.darkrow3 { background-color: #00024A; color:#0033CC; }

.hlight { background-color: #00024A }

.dlight { background-color: #00024A }

.titlemedium { font-weight:bold; color:#3A4F6C; padding:7px; margin:0px; background-image: url(style_images/<#IMG_DIR#>/tile_sub.gif) }

.titlemedium a:link, .titlemedium a:visited, .titlemedium a:active { text-decoration: underline; color: #ff9900 }

/* Main table top (dark blue gradient by default) */

.maintitle { vertical-align:middle;font-weight:bold; color:#ff9900; padding:8px 0px 8px 5px; background-image: url(style_images/<#IMG_DIR#>/tile_back.gif) }

.maintitle a:link, .maintitle a:visited, .maintitle a:active { text-decoration: none; color: #FFF }

.maintitle a:hover { text-decoration: underline }

/* tableborders gives the white column / row lines effect */

.plainborder { border:1px solid #286D93;background-color:#00024A }

.tableborder { border:1px solid #286D93;background-color:#00024A; padding:0; margin:0 }

.tablefill { border:1px solid #286D93;background-color:#00024A;padding:6px; }

.tablepad { background-color:#F5F9FD;padding:6px }

.tablebasic { width:100%; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:0px; border:0px }

.wrapmini { float:left;line-height:1.5em;width:25% }

.pagelinks { float:left;line-height:1.2em;width:35% }

.desc { font-size:10px; color:#ff9900 }

.edit { font-size: 9px }

.searchlite { font-weight:bold; color:#F00; background-color:#00024A }

#QUOTE { white-space:normal; font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; color: #465584; background-color: #FAFCFE; border: 1px solid #286D93; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px }

#CODE { white-space:normal; font-family: Courier, Courier New, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; color: #ff9900; background-color: #00024A; border: 1px solid #286D93; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px }

.copyright { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif; font-size: 9px; line-height: 12px }

.codebuttons { font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: middle }

.forminput, .textinput, .radiobutton, .checkbox { font-size: 11px; font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: middle }

.thin { padding:6px 0px 6px 0px;line-height:140%;margin:2px 0px 2px 0px;border-top:1px solid #286D93;border-bottom:1px solid #286D93 }

.purple { color:purple;font-weight:bold }

.red { color:red;font-weight:bold }

.green { color:green;font-weight:bold }

.blue { color:blue;font-weight:bold }

.orange { color:#F90;font-weight:bold }