Amd Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (toledo)

reho1990

Yeah, what everyone has said before me...

3G on air was kind of a "holy grail" for the socket 939 A64 or Opterons. It was only possible with really good chips and the right hardware (memory, motherboard, PSU, etc).

I don't remember seeing many 4200+ X2's in the DFI 3G "club". There were a bunch of single core Opty's (144, 146, maybe 148), a bunch of 165's (maybe a 170 here or there), and some 3800+X2's and probably one or two 4400+ X2's.

I've never pushed my chips that far, but I think the only one that could possibly do it was the 144. -_-

What stepping and date code is the chip...?

There were some LC*** series that didnt overclock for crap and ran hotter than hot...

I have one and it wont clock 200mhz over stock stable without giving it 1.55v which is the max I would give the chip anyways...

i dont know much about overclocking i have just started. the stepping is 2 and iam not to sure about the date code ?? here is a pic

untitled.bmp

i dont know much about overclocking i have just started. the stepping is 2 and iam not to sure about the date code ?? here is a pic

You need to look on top of your processor's heat spreader. It'll have a code like this: LCB9E 0702WPMW (PS...this is my opty 180)

The first five are the "stepping"

the stepping is 2

:lol: Kids these days...

You need to look on top of your processor's heat spreader. It'll have a code like this: LCB9E 0702WPMW

The first five are the "stepping"

:lol: Kids these days...

oh ok thx lol i just put new thermal past on it cant be taking it off no gotta start from some where :rolleyes: