Motherboard Limiting Overclock Potential?

I would like to thank everyone for their input, advice, and help with my situation. I have decided to keep what I have, but will keep my order placed for my TRUE 120 and S-Flex fan to keep the current rig cooler. I have started a 12 hour burn in test, and so far over the last hour, the temp @ 3.2 ghz has not gone over 50*c. I'll save my money for those next gen Intel chips, when the become affordable and have been well tested. Since I know that upgrade will require new cooler, new motherboard, new DDR3 Ram, ect... buying the motherboard now would be a waste of money in the future. Thanks again for all your information and help.

Great Gig - I think I am getting the settings mixed up. I'll pull out the manual and go over the bios section that would tell me where I need to set the safety shut off temperature.

Edited by SebringTech

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a good move with the TRUE and the Scythe fan for sure, cool is good :) Waiting for new gear is also a good move. If you have a reasonable setup now and can wait, then there are normally 2 bonuses. Firstly, you can make a more measured decision if you want to upgrade immediately they come to market, as you will have more choice and secondly, new processors normally force the price of current stock down, so if you decide not to upgrade at the first release, the stuff you are considering now will be cheaper :D

Your are welcome for the help, it's always good to find someone who has the same gear, it can save making the same mistakes twice! I have always had loads of advice here, so it's pleasing to try and pay some back.