Unable To Set Comm Port Settings In Device Manager

Mad Cow

Hello all,

I'm trying to set some basic settings for a serial camera that I have. I want to be able to set baud rate, data bits, parity, and stop bits. Unfortunately, there is not a Ports section being listed in the Device Manager. The camera is connected to a PCI board (all made by National Instruments), and it seems to be using a Serial protocol to communicate (but not the standard physical serial connection). I've gone into the registry to LocalMachine > Hardware > DeviceMap > SerialComm and it lists Comm3. I don't have an extensive background in modifying the registry, so I wanted to ask if I can change those values there (and how), or if you all had any other suggestions for me to try.

Thanks!

Most add-in cards that have no options listed in Device Manager cannot be changed in Windows. They are either hard coded to their present settings or need to be changed with a utility from the card's manufacturer.

HyperTerminal should be able to do that, although maybe not with that add-in card. So your best bet is probably the manufacturer's software or documentation.