Huge Temp Variation

i'm just curious if these variations of temps between all four cores are normal

load 100%

core#1 = 34C

core#2 = 32C

core#3 = 52C

core#4 = 53C

just seems strange to me that there is a 20C differance in temp between the cores like that when they are all under a full load temps were measured with core temp 0.99 stressed with prime 95 and orthos

Maybe your heatsink is not contacting flat against the CPU, If you have the time I would take it off and check how the thermal paste has spread, its usually a good way of telling if the contact is even.

Do you get the same readings from other temp monitors too? like RealTemp or Everest?

well i guess it must just been some minor glitch. since my last restart the margin dropped to only 5C cores# 1 and 2, 37-38C and cores# 3 and 4 are 32-33C using realtemp and are all 5C warmer with core temp respectively

Edited by OCrookie

orthos only runs on two cores, and prime95 prior to v25 only runs on one core... maybe that's why?

I run Prime95 v25 Small FFT to get the highest CPU load, and Blend to test the RAM, using CoreTemp to monitor temps, and Task Manager/Performance to confirm per-core load

Mine are all pretty constant with each other. Of course depending on the load on a certain core the temp might jump a degree more than the others. I am using core temp. For the most part they run about the same.

orthos only runs on two cores, and prime95 prior to v25 only runs on one core... maybe that's why?

I run Prime95 v25 Small FFT to get the highest CPU load, and Blend to test the RAM, using CoreTemp to monitor temps, and Task Manager/Performance to confirm per-core load

I think hardnrg hit the nail right on the head there, I only started using prime95 when it was 4 threaded version.

it's possible to run multiple instances of Prime95 v24 and older, but it's just annoying to set it up each time...

OCCT v2 Perestroika (Custom, Infinite, CPU, 1 hour) is a nice maximum CPU load test that draws graphs of temp vs time... I often use OCCT 1 hour tests before Prime95