Vista On New Mobo

Descended

Hi there!

i'm currently in the market for a new mobo as the one i have is just crap :)

anyways my computer was a prebuilt, with vista pre-installed, now my question is whether or not windows will still boot even with a new mobo...i have looked through google and its quite confusing...

any help will be greatly appreciated!

Edit: post edited to conform to rules, sorry

Edited by Descended

Your vista license is only good for the computer youre using it on right now. You've got to buy another OEM copy (and that copy will only be good on one machine) or buy a retail copy which you can use on one rig at a time, but as many as you want.

gaming, buying either a 9800GTX or 4850...i have a stock case so i don't think the 9800 will fit, so probably 4850...and basically i have everything i need right now other than a suitable motherboard

your motherboard probably isnt suitable or your case, your power supply is probably to low considering it's a prebuilt.

So you might just be using a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers.

EDIT: what speed is your ram?

Edited by damian

phenom 9550, BFG 8800 GTS (820/2000/1120), 4x1GB kingston 800mhz (don't know timings, havent bothered), Corsair 550W, 500GB Seagate HDD, cheap 18x DVD/RW

would like to add my parents bought my computer, thought it would be a nice surprise for school...lol

Edited by Descended

method 2, here, has always worked for me...

trying to simply swap between DFI 680i LT, EVGA 680i and DFI NF4 has always resulted in RAID disaster for me... it might not matter for single SATA, but I'd recommend you do the Method 2 steps in Device Manager before swapping motherboards

i want to upgrade the mobo from an acer F690GVM...which i can't OC, or touch anything for that matter (prebuilt lock)...i know phenoms arent able to OC well but i would like control of my computer...i also might be getting two 4850's and a new case to fit them/new mobo so need a new one anyways...

also thank you hardnrg...i hope that works! :D

thanks for the input guys :)