Gpu Temps?

hi guys, i have a Nvidia 9600Gt 512Mb non O/C on a GeForce 6100PM mobo with an Athlon 6000+ x2 dual core processor running slightly clocked but nothing significant, I notice that when i power up the detail levels on Crysis to the higher end of the spectrum that my GPU temp races up to maybe 30C higher than when it was idling and the case becomes warm to the touch, can anyone tell me at what temp i should be starting to get concerned? also, is there any set values that i can up the core, memory and shader clocks to without worying about stability? at the moment they are 650, 900 and 1625Mhz respectively. thanx guys, keep up the good work, I know this is the site for correct answers! lol

Edited by diki001

Would be great if you mentioned how hot it is getting rather than 30 over idle. I'd say it is probably fine, you should get worried at 100 and pull the plug at 110.

Erm very good point, its idle temp is 42C so the upermost temp is 72-75Cish however thats only after about 3/4 of an hour playing. will the temp continue to rise or will the fan speed up to compensate? I cant seem to find a warning level or a level when the fan rpm will increase despite running ntune and the xpertvision software that came with the card. thanks

72 is ok, if it was hitting 80-90's regulary then you might want to look at additional cooling but it's safe enough at the moment. The most likely the fan will rev up when it get's too hot (though i have a feeling mine wont so i am not sure)