4 sticks of ram on DFI LP UT SLI-DR Expert

Right now on my AMD rig I have 2x1GB sticks in the orange slots.

They are Transcend sticks with Micron 5b-d chips (double sided). I run them at 3-3-3-8, 1T. The system is rock-solid.

I found a very good deal and I was thinking of getting 2 more sticks for a total of 4gb. Same brand, same memory revision, same chips etc.

From what I understand, the Expert can be run with 4 identical sticks but it takes some tweaking.

Has anyone had success with this board and 4 sticks like the ones I use?

I was thinking, before installing the 2 additional sticks of disabling CPC, loosening the timings to 3-4-4-8 and upping the voltage a little bit.

That way I could boot it and continue tweaking from there.

What do you think? Will it work or will I be left with 2 sticks of DDR memory I can't use?

Try it without loosening the timings. Disable CPC, go from there. Put the voltage at the upper end of the range specified for the memory (if it says 2.6-2.8, give it 2.8).

Tweak the secondary settings as needed.

What do you think? Will it work or will I be left with 2 sticks of DDR memory I can't use?

Even if you get it to boot, getting it stable under load running 4 sticks is hard/impossible.

don't forget that sticks can only run with command rate of 2T.

There are no magic timings, you are pretty much on your own using 4 sticks in an expert board.

Great board, my favorite 939 board ever and it can/will surprise you.

Just don't expect us to post timings that will work, you have some work to do.

Good luck.