Alex St. John On The Future Of Gaming

Praz

Great read, both parts 1 and 2.

Would be interesting to leave the gaming community for a good 3 years or so and come back to see what has developed. The leaps and bounds should be amazing, especially if everyone gets on the same page and works together to make the PC a more efficient gaming machine.

More Str for the PC, the better, in my book. Interesting article. The only advantage to buying a console is you get pretty good gaming machine for not alot of bux. But the price has been going up and you only get games ported for your particular console. I dont need no stinking game controler, no Wii, no guitar!

I don't think most of the gamers in our little segment (hardcore or pc enthusiast) even have a clue about the REAL games...meaning the games that sell like crazy because they are $5-$20 and are targeted at the ENTIRE potential gaming base of customers...people like your mom, your sister, an aunt, an uncle...people who don't give a . about Crysis and CoD4 and enjoy things like Astropop, Bejeweled, Luxor, the "Tycoon" games, etc.

It's sorta like the way a lot of "us" don't generally understand that we make up maybe 1% of the entire pc market in wanting super-mega-giganto OVERCLOCKING NIGHTMARE MONSTERS. The overwhelming majority (the 85%) are the gateway, dell, hp integrated off-the-shelf doo-dads that don't play the games we 'elitists' do...

good article!