Can't Install Audio Drivers

Trekasaur

For some reason I can't install the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. I am trying to install them from the cd. The installation starts and I get a message that says "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure!!", which is not a lot of help. I have downloaded the driver from the dfi website and get the same result. I tried installing in Safe Mode, same thing. Help!!!

Is this a clean windows installation done on the BloodIron or something from an older PC?

I assume that is it a clean install due to the RAID 0 array.

Clear the CMOS and see what happens, and what OS are you using?

Is the Audio detected in device manager (with a yellow exclamation mark?)

Enabled in the BIOS?

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you. I have a new install of Win XP Pro wSP2. I reinstalled the Realtek drivers and it installed okay. The problem is now, when I try to play a cd, Media Player says there is no sound device. When I open up Realtek sound manager and use it, it will play sounds and music. In Device Manager there are no yellow warnings. I can't believe how difficult this is to get my sound working:eek:

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you. I have a new install of Win XP Pro wSP2. I reinstalled the Realtek drivers and it installed okay. The problem is now, when I try to play a cd, Media Player says there is no sound device. When I open up Realtek sound manager and use it, it will play sounds and music. In Device Manager there are no yellow warnings. I can't believe how difficult this is to get my sound working:eek:

Under control panel, go to "sounds and audio devices" and see if your realtek sound card is selected in the drop downs under the "audio" tab.

In Device Manager>Sound, Video, Game Controllers, Realtek High Definition Audio is there. The Realtek sound manager icon is in the system tray and I can use it to test my speakers. Sound does come out then. However in Control Panel> Sounds and Audio Devices it says there is no sound device. Right now I think the problem might be with Windows.