All of a sudden PC takes 2 posts to come up, any ideas

Out of the blue my computer has developed something I haven't come across before. I hit the power button, all the fans come on, there is no post beep and nothing else happens. I power the computer off and back on and it posts fine. This has been the same every day for the last couple weeks, first post nothing, second post fine.

The only change I have made to the system was about 2 months ago I had to change the video card out, I replaced a 6200 with a 8400GS. Also a few days ago I changed out the Asus DVD drive with a Lite-On.

As for trouble shooting I ran memcheck for quit a while, it doesn't show any errors. I tried reseating the PCI cards, video card, and ram.

Edit:

Forgot to mention the led lights on the mobo, sometimes a yellow light stays on even after power off. Sometimes after shutting the computer down l notice that light is off.

When the computer doesn't post and just the fans go, the yellow light is on. Same as when it posts. I don't notice any other LED lights coming on.

Also just for the heck of it I just cleared the CMOS, both jumper and pulled battery and removed power for 15 minutes.

Yea I made sure to get a native 24 pin power supply back when I built this box in 2005. I unfortunately didn't find this site till I had already built this box, so I don't have one of the "recommended" brands. I'm trying to find that list again, I thought I had it saved in subscribed threads but I don't.

Since I cleared the Bios and put the system on optimized defaults last night, it booted the first try this morning. Knock on wood, I hope it stays running for a little while longer till I can afford a decent psu.