XP-Pro & Vista 64 Dually

fariss

Guest SuppA-SnipA

possible

if ur installing windows vista on a seperate hdd or the same hdd as xp, it will and should automatically configure the boot loader

if ur planning to install xp on a pc with vista already on it, get a handy app named BCDEdit, very straight forward app for dualboots

btw - manually configuring vista's boot loader is nothing easy, there is no boot.ini in vista, they use some crappy new system called BCD

It's gonna be on a new system. Fresh installs. Ideally I'd like each OS on it's own 36 gig Raptor.

Which OS would you suggest I install first?

I suppose I could throw them both on a 320 GB HDD & RAID the Raptors for gaming.

Thoughts?

Guest SuppA-SnipA

xp then vista

make ur partitions with partition magic, or the gparted live cd (linux based, its a wonderful app)

when installing vista, it should config the boot loader, if ur bored check out my video in my sig :D

• 3 weeks later...

I install each os on a different hard drive. When you are installing the OS's i unplug all other hard drives untill it is finished installing. Then i do the same for the other OS. That way all i do is go into bios and switch which hard drive is booted off of. This is a little bit of a pain in the butt but if one of my other OS's crash or i need to reinstall for some reason it likes to bork up the other OS for some reason. Just easier for me.

BTW i am using both Xp and Vista 64 on my computer.