ATI RADEON 9700

i dont plan on upgrading to the ati radeon 9700, no matter how good the benchmark scores.

1. My geforce 4 ti 4600 is doing just fine with the games i play

2. the 9700 will more than likey cost lots more now, versus months down the road.

3. im waiting on the geforce 5 benchmarks and specs

4. ati doesnt support linux drivers like nvidia does.

5. mm couldnt think of nothing to put here.. :/

LinuXProX, do you honestly think you'll get silky smooth frame rate with the ti4600 on Doom 3?

GeForce 5 isn't suppoused to come out until early 2003, and ATi is suppousedly re-releasing the 9700 in the .13 micron process; either that, or they are suppoused to release the R400. I read this some where, but I'm not too sure :unsure: .

The 9700 ROCKS! FINALLY SOME COMPETITION FOR NVIDIA!! The consumer will be the one to benefit from this in the end. Hopefully ATI and NVidia will get into a price war soon.

If you want some benchmarks from AnandTech, check out the link below. It goes straight to the page that starts the benchmark so you dont have to read through all the specs. The benchmarks are the bottom line in my opinion.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.htm...tml?i=1656&p=17

Big Up to ATI!

LinuXProX, do you honestly think you'll get silky smooth frame rate with the ti4600 on Doom 3

Yes :) Depending on resolution

yeah rated-r id like to see some price wars!

I am with linux.. I know dang well its going to run Doom 3. first off.. the technology on the GF4 was futher advanced than any of the games currently out.. and I belive that will come out for the next year or so..

hrmm... thanks for pointing that out LinuXProX...

Currently, my systems I have a Vodoo 3 and a ATI 7200... So, with a new card like that, I'd highly consider the 9700.... but seeing as I'm slowly migrating to RedHat... I guess I'll be going the nVidia route...

From what I've heard the next line of nVidia cards is rumored to be built using the greatest technology ever... 3Dfx... Is that still the case?