MOBO or something else? Big pc prob, please help!

well, just on the surface you may have bonkered the unit when you had the CMOS jumper in the clear position and turned the unit on. at the very least you prolly need either a new preprogrammed bios chip just to be sure.....i remember doing what you did with no consequence (JP2>on wid da 'puter by accident), it worked fine after i replaced the jumper to the proper position...i guess i got lucky...

the loud boom you heard the night before, did you identify what it was? could have been a transformer somewhere in your neighborhood went down, there could have been a quick spike in volts, may have taken your PS and MB down....without more 'spare' parts to further test the board...or another rig that works so you could try various parts in an effort to isolate the problem....

have you carefully taken the board out and tried the minimal build (don't forget the heatsink, LOL)....???

laterzzzz...

Thanks for the reply :)

yes I did try it before and it worked (even after the cmos on clear boot) and now it does not even if I didnt change anything since the time it did work on minimal settings.

Split-second power on/fan spin-up is a definite sign of a dead PSU

Edit: the bang could have been a capacitor in the PSU blowing up.

I appreciate the reply but please read up, I just had the PSU replaced from OCZ its brand new :)

again>

"have you carefully taken the board out and tried the minimal build (don't forget the heatsink, LOL)....???"

laterzzz...

Sorry if maybe I wasn't clear enough but I answered you in my reply that yes I did try the minimal build and it does not work.

PSU is new.

GFX Card is new.

Ram works in another PC.

The PC did power up on minimal settings before (without gfx card) now it does not power up on miminal settings with or without a GFX card. No settings has been changed since the time it worked.

Thanks.

Does the new PSU work in another PC?

If it does then the board is dead/causing a short.

The new PSU worked when I got it and did the minimal settings testing that you suggested me before.

It powered on with CPU, mobo, 1 stick of ram and NO GFX card.

When GFX card inserted it did the split-second power effect then nothing.

Now it does that even without the GFX card.

I guess Ill RMA the mobo.

Can anyone confirm DFI has 3 years warranty? also waht about amd?

OEM CPU = 1 year, Retail boxed is 3 years.

But if it cannot be replaced they may just refund you the current market value.

Before you send anything back, just to be sure test the new PSU in another pc.

And it is 3 years for USA customers.