Guess what...

Darkorb

this game plays like balls on my pc

seriously thinking of going 8gb ram and dual 8800gt

and probably xp-64 with hack for eye candy instead of this vista dx10 slowdown bull crap

You could always go back to XP......sure you lose DX10, but you will have that 20% back on performance....and DX9 with the bells and whistles isn't THAT bad.

DX9 with the config hacks to get the DX10 eye candy is a much better visual + performance option that Vista + DX10 ;)

You won't need 8GB of RAM though. You probably won't even need 4GB of RAM...but your video RAM will probably need to be 2GB to take full advantage of this engine's capabilities without having to play at 9fps hehe.

Since we are already at 1GB gpu's now, we'll see it soon as Nv or ATI tries to out-balls each other (and probably on a dual-Phenom or some such nonsense that no one can afford nor need) and then they'll put 4 of them together and everyone will scream how they just got to have it until they realize the drivers for multi-gpu are still...pretty damn crappy lol.

But then soon after that will be obsolete as both ATI and NV release 2GB cards with gpu's that can do the same work as 4 of those previous gpu's but by then Crysis will have been a flash in the pan as everyone is using Id's or Unreal's engine because it can scale up just as well and the engine devs have the capacity to support dozens of game developers who bought the engine on license to make their own games where Crytek, even backed by EA, really can't do that.

Unreal's engine and Id's engine are usually built off the backs of previous game engines, and by now we are already at generation #4 or 5 with hundreds of previous games developed on these two engines, and that kind of real experience trickles down as more experienced devs can help the new guys that just come in etc.

Crytek on the other hand is relatively new and I can't think of any games that actually used the FarCry engine before, and EA can't just throw money at people to get them learning the engine to help other devs (they can, but that experience takes a long time to build).

This isn't to say Crysis, the Crytek engine or anything like that is crap. It's beautiful. But like looking at a review with a Quad cpu and 4x 3850's in CrossfireX, it's more of a flash in the pan as the majority of us go with a single 8800 and dual core cpu, just like the majority of game developers stick with what they know and use Epic's Unreal engine or Id's Doom/Quake engine because it's familiar and it's just as powerful (or will be more powerful at a sooner-than-later future time as all of those developers giving feedback + the long experience from the creators scales it up rather quickly).

Ok that's my rant on that lol. I need to go play hockey and get out some aggression.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

shockingly i did not try out multiplayer yet, i did unlock my vehicle, not sure if these issues are even happening with me, ill try tonight

read link below for possible fixes

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=c...ask=view&id=561

the dx10 hack, its not real dx10, cuz ur not in vista, so it doesnt use the dx10 api

"cw: Why is it that 'Very High' features can be enabled in DX9 through a 'hack' of sorts, yet are unavailable normally?

Cevat: The game was in the earliest days before we could ship DX10 hardware obviously developed around DX9. So, during the development process some of the DX10 effects were simulated in DX9. So what some users are seeing is some of the material used to develop the DX10 effects but these are NOT DX10. Only by running the game in Vista and using the DX10 API can you get the true maximum experience and of course we have no guarantees for the game's stability if it's hacked. "

source - http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=c...ask=view&id=559