setting up RAID with a SATA burner

okay so when i enable RAID on my 2 HDD's and i wanna set up raid, it works fine. the only problem is that when i want to install windows it doesn't even show the dvd burner that i have. i think its because when you enable raid in the bios its doing it for all 4 ports on the ULI raid controller. how can i set up raid and install xp with keeping the dvd burner plugged into the right slot

I have this board, but I don't have a SATA DVD burner. So I can't give any good advice on this except follow what AnUnknownSource said. Put the RAID on one controller and put the SATA DVD burner on the other one.

I have same problem...

when I use HDD on uli no problem with sata burner,but when activate raid on ULI something goes wrong...

So I setup raid on sil1314 and cabled sata burner on ULİ no problem...But I use HDD's at sata1 form :(

Or you will barrow an IDE burner and install XP with that...Than you can use sata burner.at first I made like this...

• 3 months later...
I have a sata burner and was able to install Vista using it on the uli, even with the M5288 errors. This being said, not sure if XP will work the same or not. Does your Gigabyte board have 2 separate sata controllers? Are you referring to a CFX 3200 DR/G?

Dude this thread is over 3 months old! I think by now he got rid of this board or parted with the idea to run the Sata burner on the CFX! :)

• 4 weeks later...