anyone who thinks the halo series is overrated

ArchVile

I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the Halo games just suck. I remember when I smashed Halo 1 to bits because of those stupid warthog controls in the last mission. That thing handles like a race car on ice.......and its (the crappy warthog) supposed to be an all terrain vehicle!!!!! ARgggggrrrggggggghhhhhhh......!!!!

DIE HALO DIE!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rented the game on tuesday and I am almost done with the game. It was fun, but I never played any of the other one. I dont plan on it ether. I am glad I did not buy the game as it is short, 10hr maybe. Once I beat a game I realy dont play it over. Unless it is HL2! :)

What's with all these short games anymore? Didn't the average FPS game used to average around 16-20 hours?

I know what you mean. It make me think twice befor buying a game. I was really upset when HL2 episode 1 was like 45mins. But episode 2 is going to be longer! :cool:

I think you just ran through that too fast, took me a good two hours I think.

But maybe I was watching a movie or something at the same time...

So far I've finished the game 3 times. Once on heroic, once on legendary and again on legendary via online co-op.

My feelings? To quote Sloan, I was underwhelmed - if that's a word. Halo 3 was a complete letdown.

Graphics suck (jaggies, anyone?), the storyline is weak and tenuous (at best) and the new content (shields, etc) is completely irrelevant. You can literally play this game all the way through and pretend it is Halo 2 with different levels.

While I am aware that Bungie didn't want to stray too far from the original concept for fear of weaking the franchise's success, they could've - I don't know - actually got off their asses and done some work to make this a good game?

Resting on your laurels only gets you so far. In my mind, this is Halo 2 for the 360. So Halo 2.5? Nice try guys. At least we have Gears and Bioshock to play now, and COD4 to look forward to.

Weak.

EDIT: Not to mention... uh, content anyone? 4 hours of entertainment for $70 is called a theme park. The line ups are long, the food sucks, there are lots of whining, sniveling brats everywhere, and at the end of the day you come away feeling empty. Thanks Bungie.

What's with all these short games anymore? Didn't the average FPS game used to average around 16-20 hours?

Every game that I play is very, very, long. I guess my age is catching up to me.:eek2: I simply don't see all of the doors and other items as well as you young guys. Oh, well! At least I get my money's worth of fun and frustration.

Gears of War is most definitely the superior game from all that I have read and all I have witnessed with my own two eyes (and I own GoW but have only played about 2 hours of it so far).

Maybe if Halo3 came out for PC around the same time as console, then I could enjoy it. But by the time it hits the PC, it will be a 3 or 4 year old game and it wasn't even all that great the first time when it was new looks like lol.

I see where you guys are all coming from but common.. the campaign is short and lame. Yes. It was still fun. The graphics are great actually.. Don't know where your getting that from... But the real reason I like the halo series its its replayability. The multiplayer (on live) is always fun. There is a lot less swearing than you think and with the addition of forge you can edit anything. Literally. You can change spawn points, spawn zones, weapons, vehicles, objects, anyhting... Then you can save the map and use it in custom games.

I enjoy it. The multiplayer is endless fun to me. But to each their own. People still play halo 2 so how bad can it be...

Just my 2 cents. Cheers,

Justin

See thats the funny thing - that is my biggest complaint (and only) against Gow. It is short and when you beat it you just want more of that yummy goodness.

Even though I never played the Halo series at all (friend distracted me last nite) I DO know they have traditionally been extremely late delivering the games fine tuning them. If you go just by DIY Street, the majority seem to have issues with Halo3 - that could be why. Maybe they just rushed it. /shrug

Going out of town again this weekend, but I really want to pack some game time in and try this sucka out now.