P5kc (ddr2/ddr3)

Guest Modulok_merged

I just got this board about a month ago for some DDR2/DDR3 testing. Before I bought it I did read some bad reviews on the board. Such as no internal SATA RAID, bad placement for the IDE connection and boot issues. I didn't mind about the strange things as I am just using the board to testing right now. I took a chance and haven't had any issues (knock on wood). I loaded up the latest bios (July) without any hiccups.

I bought an Intel e6600 CPU and grabbed some OCZ System Elite 2x1GB (DDR2 800mhz 5-5-5-15) and started some OCing. Got my way up to 333x9 and stayed there for the CPU OC. The ram had nice bios options to run the ram at certain speeds. Since my ram wasn't a good OC'er I ran it at 800mhz and it worked fine.

With DDR2/DDR3 testing on the horizon, does anyone know how high the bios setting for RAM will go to? The book says 1333mhz, but I am hoping it will do more.

• 2 weeks later...

You already know I have the same board... and hey, the same memory, too! :sweat:

While I could never get that memory past 900MHz on a ABIT AW8D, I cna get it to 1000MHz (5-5-5-19 2.1V) on this board.

But, for more fun I put the memory back to 800MHz, and started tweaking the FSB on my e6850.

Went from the stock 3.0GHz (9x333) to 3.2GHz (8x400) with ease... ON the retail Intel cooler and default CPU voltage. 1600MHz FSB with minimal effort.

Not stress tested or stability proven, but I'll get to that.

Guest Modulok

Do a quick bench of superPI...that will fail if its not stable...once you get to the point of failure, bring the fsb back a little and do a memtest or orthos blend test.

Guest Modulok

oh geez...fine, don't do a simple stress test and keep touting that your "non-overclockable" RAM can overclock by 200Mhz when it just can boot into Windows.

doing a quick superPI 1M test should only take 20seconds, decent benchmark, and will fail quick to tell you its not stable.

Well, for one I disagree that Super Pi tells you much. If that is all it takes to impress you, it has flown through Sandra, Everest, and Performance Test. And two, 20 seconds is alot of time... Do you know how many free seconds I get proofreading complete crap all day? LOLOLOLOLOLOL