Some people just don't know any better.

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

i need to get DirecTV not much stuff to watch on antenna:(

tho im likeing channel 11-3 rtn just came on today has all the old shows on like knightrider:)

but ya ever sense i got this dlp tv everything looks tons better lol i came from a 27in zenith floor model its about 15 to 18 year old lol but still works.

ony thing im worrying about is the bulb in theses dlp projection tvs but so far its been good had the tv about 3months and problee has ony about 200 to 400hours on it tho.

i was gona go for lcd but it whould of been 40 to 47in and more money lol and less stuff and i herd dlp is better than lcd just ony problem is you will have to replace the bulb after couple 1000hours.

but this one should run longer like 4k to 7k like it says on toshiba because i have the bulb brightness on low which is still very bright lol.

how long did you have you tv Angry? and did you replace the bulb yet?

my brother's 56" DLP is less than a year old

my Mitsubishi rear-proj is about 5 years old, already had a repair done on it once.

I don't need more than a 42". The room for our tv can't support more than that since we can't sit more than 8' from the tv in there. Even a 37" might be an option. The Mitsubishi is 42" and is perfect, however I'd like it to sit lower, and new tv's don't have the 3' stand with speakers that the tv sits on haha.

hmm i be happy if mine lasts about 3years with out replaceing the bulb.

but you never know i might have good luck with it as i did with our old tube floor model lol.

ony had that repaired once and that was around back in 93-94 lol which is when the tv was not even a year old but after that haveint had any problems.

but ya gona try get a wii and xbox 360 maybee try to get the wii on christmas:)

• 4 months later...

Ah, it's like someone who says a guitar only sounds good if it's brand X and that all brand Y's are garbage. And then you have the guy who can't tell a difference. And then you have the guy who says he can tell the difference but can't even play guitar. I can tell the difference between 480 and 1080, but not 1080i and 1080p. I swear I heard somebody say they preferred regular old tube style TV the other day. I would almost bet that's what most people still have such as the large amount of people that still use dial-up.

such as the large amount of people that still use dial-up.

last stats I saw 2/3 of USA was under broadband coverage (ie customers were using it, not just available in their area)

I still have a nice 27" brand new Sony tube tv, and it looks spectacular, even hockey looks good on it.

But nothing like 1080i hockey!

last stats I saw 2/3 of USA was under broadband coverage (ie customers were using it, not just available in their area)

I still have a nice 27" brand new Sony tube tv, and it looks spectacular, even hockey looks good on it.

But nothing like 1080i hockey!

1/3 is still a big chunk, considering, how everything revolves around the internet now as opposed to the days when AOL was charging by the minute ;) First the internet and now the TV's. I think I saw a helmet for over clocking your brain the other day...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1766&ito=1490