Ballistix Tracers DDR500

What are some good timings? I got 4x512.

I've got them at 2.5-2-2-5 at ddr500, and i didnt tinker around much but i got ddr600 with 3-3-3-8 and some volts. crud performance though i just wanted to see if i could match ddr2 kinda ;P

tref at 3120 (not 100% on what tref is but it's refresh time and 15.6us and 7.8 do the same, and perform better than 3.95 and under.)

you think i could get cas 2.5 at ddr600? Otherwise whats the best i can do with these guys? i got the stock fan from my arctic cooler 64 freezer pro in front of them at full speed.

I'd say the best you'd get would be something like 2-3-2-6, and that's a stretch. You'd need a significate jump in volts to do this. More likely, 3-3-3-8 is what you're looking at for timings. The performance shouldn't suck at those timings...that's the JDEC standard of 2x1GB at DDR 500, I believe.

gotcha. well thanks anyways. i dont think i could get any tighter than 3-3-3-8 at 600 anyways.

i'll probably just cruise around 550 w/ good timings then

----

whats a good overclocking ddr2? i'm looking and the crucial tracers ddr800 cl4. i know ddr3 is the newest thing and all but w/e

No, that board will not run DDR2. DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 are the same size of dimm. DDR2 and DDR3 even have the same pin count, but they are not interchangeable, and shouldn't mount in the same sockets. The position of the key slots has been moved so that the dimms aren't physically possible to interchange.

DDR2 clocking kits? Buffalo Firestix PC2-6400 kit, Ballistix PC2-6400 kit, and most of the Team Group Extreme stuff are excellent.