Upgrade advice

Please see sig for current set up. I am thinking of upping the CPU to a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+, getting a pair of matched 1 GB RAM sticks and doing the SLI mod and getting a couple of 7600 or summat. I am looking for recommendations for RAM and thoughts on CPU and GPU choice.

Also is my PSU up to job post-upgrade.

Thanks!

I would recommend OCZ memory. They have a great customer service reputation. I have been using it for over a year without any problems. Here is a link to newegg's site for a good deal on OCZ memory:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....+memory&x=0&y=0

As for video card, I recommend XFX. Again, I have been using my XFX 7900GTX for over a year. It performs better than I had hoped.

As for CPU, the one that you mention would be fine. However, since slot 939 is on its way out, I would recommend the highest speed that you can afford.

You can easily clock a 3800+X2 to 2.5Ghz and possibly 2.8-3GHz if you're really good or really lucky. But for $20 more the 4200+ has a 11x multi, not sure how that that matters, but its something to look at.

Newegg has 8600GTs for about $120, which is probably better than getting older cards for SLI.

Alot of guys like that OCZ, seems like good stuff...