madden 08

OsamaBinAthlon+

I got to download the demo I guess...I'm just not a football guy, but I do appreciate Madden and NFL 2k series (2k5 was the best football game ever in my opinion).

How long before people find little exploits online?

I got to say from the gameplay vids on G4 I saw last night it definitely looks like the best football game we've seen.

maybe EA really is serious about their sports division (meaning they will actually put forth serious effort for ALL games, not just their Madden series, which has been sorta half-assed the last two years honestly)

so what do yall think I think its pretty nice. It's still a rehash but the 60fps on the 360 is nice and its all around solid.

gamertags too

mine's: diggthis

We've been playing '07 pretty religiously for the past couple weeks in preparation of '08. I'm pretty sure the guy that owns the PS3 is wanting to buy it, but he's sorta torn between that and waiting for the new Tiger Woods game.

...but then another guy is planning on getting Tiger Woods for the Wii...so I'm really not sure what the hells going on. I'd like to try it out though, I'm FINALLY getting the hang of playing defense.

How long before people find little exploits online?

Probably already happened. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have this game for the PC. It's excellent. A couple of differences in comparison to Madden NFL 07:

1) The spin move was more effective in '07 than it is in '08. I play with the Dallas Cowboys. With running back Julius Jones, I was very effective in dodging tackles in '07. I can't do that in '08.

2) For some reason, I could never get Madden '07 to work in Crossfire. Every time I wanted to play, I had to disable Crossfire before I load the game. I don't have that problem at all in Madden '08.

Other than a couple of new features, new rosters and improved graphics, I think the 2 games are the same.

I have the game for PC and am not impressed at all. I hate how they hack up and water down the graphics of the PC version, when they could do so much more than what a console can offer in the way of visuals. I realize the market is very small for the PC sports games, but I'm just sick of EA.

A_G the reason EA's offerings have been lame as of a few years ago is because they bought out right's to the entire NFL till I believe 2010. Thats why 2K and ESPN don't make NFL games anymore. Same old story.....different day. It gives them free reign to release whatever game they want without worrying about competition.

• 3 weeks later...