Is there ANYONE out there that has "SUCCESSFULLY" OCed a FX6

First I'd like to say to "Hit&Run" "THANKS GUY" for that bit of info, and info is good info, also second thing, HEY....I have been trying to a hold of you, didn't you say that you once had a FX60 that you OCed over 3GHz? If so man, PLEASEEEEEEEEEE HELP ME!!! PLEASE SHOW ME THE WAY OF THE 3GHz OH HOLY ONE!! No seriously though, I am serious, I have been going through hell with trying to get my FX60 to 3GHz, dude if you can help me, then please, if its not to much trouble, I can send you any info as to where I am at. Let me know. One

Oh yeah, does anyone other there know if watercooling a chipset is a good thing? I have heard that watercooling your chipset will cause your CPU to over heat.....I don't know for sure, but any positive advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanxz

Oh yeah, does anyone other there know if watercooling a chipset is a good thing? I have heard that watercooling your chipset will cause your CPU to over heat.....I don't know for sure, but any positive advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanxz

I'll take a look on your set up next week since I don't have time during the weekend and we'll see how far we can get the FX60! Regarding to the chipset story I never heard this stuff before. Looking at your temps, 60C is too high for it and I would like to see it at 40C @ full load. Do you really run two 8800GTX? If es this is probably why you chipset temp is so high. You got no air going to it because the monster cards blocking it. You need to find a way to cool it better. Another thing is, you need to read the OC guide and understand everything in it if you want overclock. Never put the multiplier at 14.5 only even numbers. 14.5 will put extra stress on you memory controller. Thats it for now!

BTW: Your pictures are too small and I can ready them! You are allowed to post up to 600x800 so use it. :)

COOL!! Man I really appreciate you getting back to me, and yeah I understand about the x14.5, I am currently running it at x14, but I will send you more info this week, matter of fact here I will send you my readings and you can look them over when you get the chance and get back with me and let me know what I can and should do. As far as running 2 88GTX's....."Isn't everyone these days???" And yeah I agree as far as since these cards are so long that they do restrict the air flow to it AND thats why I figured if I watercooled it it would do better then just a heatsink and a fan, especially since I already have a chipset block for it, its just not mounted and in the loop, what do you think? Let me know, and take look at my readings when you get a chance and get back with me when you get a chance. THANXZ SO MUCH!

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Your memory timings are very aggressive on some parameters, and that might hurt with 4 sticks and even with 2, but you should do all of this testing with 2 sticks to know your cpu better. Use more relaxed trc/trfc values to start, such as 12/16 or 10/16, up trrd and twr to 3. If using a 166 divider, a tref of 3120 isn't optimal, 2592 or 1296 in theory should work better (check the tref table somewhere on these forums, it helped me a lot with low grade mem on my 754's). Up max assynch and read preamble too, 7/5 (a/a) can be too tight for some sticks and memory controller, so relax them to 8/6 or even 9/7. The strength settings are also VERY important, but you should dig around here or on the ocz forums to find which are more appropriate.

Always test stuff with some runs of memtest test 5 before booting windows. Good luck!