Overscan help please!

jelly

I have a 46" samsung DLP HL-S4676S 720p and have it hooked up with a DVI/HDMI cable, at 1280X720 @ 60Hz I am getting some overscan. I am using an ATI x800 video card with powersrip. I am try for a 1:1 pixel mapping with out lossing any of my desktop to overscan. I can set my resolution to 1152X646 @ 60Hz and the picture fits my tv well but I do not get as crisp of a picture as I do with my cable box "with HD content". I have done hours of research and came up with this post ---> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/ind...p/t-689283.html The one problem with this article is its ment for use with a vga cable and not a DVI/HDMI. The vga cable gives me a muddy dull look. I dont know where to go from here, But I do know that I am not going to just give in and say "this will have to do"! Will a SVGA cable make any difference over my vga cable? ie: get rid of the muddy dull look. Will a video card with HDMI fix the overscan or will it still be overscaned? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated!

Isnt there anyone that can help? I can really use it! I am still reading and searching for info. Can anyone tell me how they got there display setup and running? Please help!

• 3 weeks later...