Headset problems and mic does not work!

TVFREAKAZOID

The problem is I can't get the mic to work. I can hear sound but I can't talk to anyone (when playing cs.). I'm using a splitter and that one is hook up to my xfi sound card and the other end of it I have my headset hooked up which has 2 male jacks, 1 for the sound and the other one for the mic. Any ideas what am I doing wrong? I went into windows volume control to make sure nothing was muted.The brand that I have is cyber acoustics. My stand alone mic works fine. All I do is just plug it in and it works. I don't know why i'm having so much problems with this headset mic combo. I have a regular headphones which works fine with my stand alone mic. Any help would be great thanks. I've been to other forums and so far no help.

how exactly are you hooking it up through the splitter?

Well I have the main male connector connected to my sound card and the 2 females are connected to my headset. One for the mic and the other for my head phone. Does this make any sense? I dont' get why my mic doesn't work. I have a stand alone mic that works fine. Please let me know if you can figure this problem out. I asked other forums and no one has yet to figure out why this is happening.

Well I have the main male connector connected to my sound card and the 2 females are connected to my headset. One for the mic and the other for my head phone. Does this make any sense? I dont' get why my mic doesn't work. I have a stand alone mic that works fine. Please let me know if you can figure this problem out. I asked other forums and no one has yet to figure out why this is happening.

Still doesn't make sense; the sound card has separate connectors for the speakers/headphones and mic, so you shouldn't need a splitter. The only reason for a splitter is if you'd want 2 sets of speakers (or 2 inputs) connected to the same jack simultaneously.

Still doesn't make sense; the sound card has separate connectors for the speakers/headphones and mic, so you shouldn't need a splitter. The only reason for a splitter is if you'd want 2 sets of speakers (or 2 inputs) connected to the same jack simultaneously.

I see what ur saying. Well I will put the headphone and mic connector to the right spot to see if that works. I think I've tried that already, but I will do it again to make sure. Then I will get back to you. But if that doesn't work what else could be the problem.

Well I did place the connectors in the right place and my mic didn't work. I connected the mic plug to my mobo mic connector and still didn't get any sound. I dont know what to do. I'm lost.

Also, check to make sure the mic input isn't muted. You also mentioned that you just plugged the mic into the MB audio; normally you'd want to be using the same sound card for input and output.

And as Kranky suggested, try another headset.

Also, check to make sure the mic input isn't muted. You also mentioned that you just plugged the mic into the MB audio; normally you'd want to be using the same sound card for input and output.

And as Kranky suggested, try another headset.

Well I plan on buying another head set. I did make sure it was unmuted and I also plugged the connectors to my sound card. Nothing works. The only thing works is the headphone part and not the mic. Maybe the headset mic combo is incompatible.