Need your advice and recommendation on buying PDAs

rainwood

I plan to use a PDA to

1. View and manage appointments, contacts, schedule and to-dos: it’d be great if I can see my MS outlook appointments/schedule on the PDA.
  2. Check/send emails, do text messaging and view pages on the Internet: built-in support for Wi-Fi && Bluetooth is a must.

No need to listen to music, view videos, take photographs or make phone calls on the PDA.

The price range is $150 – 300.

First I wanted to get a smart-phone device, but it is not a good time for me to do that– I got my new cell phone & updated my cell phone services four month ago (and I did not find the smart-phones that I like to buy && they are very expensive at my local cell phone carrier).

One day I saw the NOKIA N800 ads on a magazine. It is very attractive but the device is not a PDA but portable internet tablet. Though I could be wrong, the organizer apps. that can run on the device would not be as good as the ones available for Palm / Windows CE OS PDAs.

Anyway, after I did a quick search for the PDAs that can satisfy my requirements, I came up with the following two PDAs;

I’d appreciate your advice on which PDA I better choose.

I think that there would be better PDAs that I did not find. I’d also appreciate your recommendation on other PDAs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your recommendation.

I got HP iPAQ rx4240 Mobile Media Companion!

Now I will stop abusing Post-it! (or I won’t).

BTW, I won the PDA at eBay; $233 ($218 + $15 for UPS), and it was delivered yesterday.

The box does not contain stylus, wired stereo headset, AND USB desktop synchronization cable... (the box is “sealed” and “brand new”!?). I send e-mails to the seller and HP, but I wonder when I can start using it…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally I received the missing parts (the USB cable & stylus), and started using the PDA.

I like it.

The thing is, the internet connectivity. There are many hot spots in my office building, but I do not go out my office at work (I am stuck right in front of my workstation all day). In my city there are not many places that have the hot spots… So I use the device as a memo pad & scheduler…

Get a Phone PDA... not iPhone but an HTC I have the HERMES the new one coming is the kaiser... which is potent and has plenty of expandability. Runs WM6 good site for info on PDA Phones www.xda-developers.com take care.

I wanted to… Next time I will go for the PDA phone!

• 2 weeks later...