is my power supply enough?

GREAT NEWS.

i tried it again and now the motherboard's dead. it flashes a bunch of LEDs, lets out strange beeps and even my 7800GTX won't work either.

i'm never buying another DFI again.

Hold on, now. Things are rarely as bad as they seem. And when they are - amke sure you exhaust all options :) What do you mean by "strange little beeps?" Does it hang on a particular diagnostic light (corner of your Expert)? Did you check the orientation of your jumper, after your cmos clear (easily forgotten when lots of things are being moved around + being stressed out :))? Also - you have to use a ps2 keyboard for the clear to have the best chance to work - a USB keyboard would be a shot in the dark, eliminating nothing, from a troubleshooting standpoint.

Post back.

Hold on, now. Things are rarely as bad as they seem. And when they are - amke sure you exhaust all options :) What do you mean by "strange little beeps?" Does it hang on a particular diagnostic light (corner of your Expert)? Did you check the orientation of your jumper, after your cmos clear (easily forgotten when lots of things are being moved around + being stressed out :))? Also - you have to use a ps2 keyboard for the clear to have the best chance to work - a USB keyboard would be a shot in the dark, eliminating nothing, from a troubleshooting standpoint.

Post back.

I got it to boot again (with the 7800GTX), but now it hangs on 'Detecting Array' after the RAID screen. Though RAID is disabled in the BIOS.

Jumper's fine. Don't have a PS2 keyboard.

Either way, I need a new board. What am I gonna do, run a 7800GTX forever?