My Video Card Fan

azndragon328

i relize today after trying to see how quiet my comp can get, now that i found out that my video card fan is like making humming noises as if its about to die out.. is there a way to fix it? or how bout just replacing the fan or do i need a new hsf?

is it possibla to run it wio the fan since im no ocing?

thanks Kevin

It could just be dusty...it is an older card. j/k Get some compressed air and blow it out. And the heatsink alone on those things are built to have a fan with it. They aren't efficient enough to cool passivley (one would assume).

I would just replace it if the noise bothers you, or if you are worried it will die soon. http://www.svc.com/chipsetcoolers1.html

There is a list of coolers you can get from Svc (good/cheap online store). I recommend the Crystal Orb. Its a good fan that will keep your chip nice and cool. And, if you choose to OC it will make it easier.

Don't give in to the temptation to run it without a fan. Video cards have a tendency to run warm, even with stock cooling and clock speeds. So, there is no doubt your card will run extremely hot without a fan at all.

Edited by ravix

i got it earlier this year around april and i hardly used my computer much the longest i kept it on was 5 days once, but then i usually used my comp for like 3-4 hours but not everyday though

but thanks for the help, hit me back if you guys got any more ideas,

ps is there a way to just replace the fan? be cause i heard its hard to take the hsf off, i dont go much money to spare, since im still a student thanks though

hey ravix the crystal orb is for a geofrce 4 mx i think that would work, but would the Thermaltake G4-VGA Copper Cooler work too?

Edited by azndragon328

the zalman is what i use in my shuttle i have to actually mod the box. as far as the 9100 u have i am not sure if the small zalman will work i know the larger one is awefully big for that card. see if the small one will fit it and i would recommend that to u. no need to worry about vid card fans going out.

i found an extra broken geforce 2 video card laying around and took off the fan, but i am no sure if i can put that one on mine 9100, but if i can would it be able to cool my vidoe card, i have no idea what the rpm is the things is that i don't want to try to remove the hsf i heard its hard. another thing is i e-mailed visiontek to see if the warranty cover it since i have a life time warranty

the large one will fit... its universal as long as it has mounting holes they will fit. I have one on my video card and they are roughly the same size

visiontek is out of business.. all warrenties are void

Edited by Ziggy54354