Quick foobar2000 issue

red930

I've been using foobar for a few months now with no issues, I love it since it's simple and can actually play any file type...but recently one has cropped up. When I listen to music, I almost always go to my music folder, find a band or album i want to listen to, select them all, right click, then hit 'play in foobar2000'.

Well when I do that now, foobar doesn't open, put them in a new playlist and play them. It just doesn't do anything. If foobar is already open it'll just sit there and play whatever it already was playing, and if it wasn't playing anything then nothing happens. I've checked file associations and they're still with fb2000.

I haven't tried reinstalling yet btw, I'm sure that'd probably fix it but I'd rather find the cause before having to reinstall it every month. Yeah, I'm that lazy.:angel:

• 3 months later...

Dan, I see nobody answered your foobar question. I don't have an answer but here is a lifehacKer post on foobar. He is quite taken with it and may have something.

I've started using it because of the sound quality on my crappy laptop speakers. It sounds much better than anything else, can't figure out why. You wouldn't think it would matter.

I was using winamp on this laptop and no adjustment I made could get decent sound. So I tried foobar and the speakers sound great. It's strange. I used 1by1 in the past and that started sounding like crap too. It's a total mystery. :)

• 4 months later...

I think it's just that foobar doesn't filter the sound at all unless you select the plugin to do so, it doesn't even enable to equalizer by default. That's why it sounds better.

I know this is an old thread but I love foobar and have been playing with it a lot this week.

There's a new beta out that allows you to play around with the themes yourself in a much easier way - http://www.foobar2000.org/beta/index.html

A fresh install of this beta will no doubt sort any issues your having, but beware it may not work with components/panelsUI from previous version of foobar.

Can't get half of the skins to work for the older versions of foobar due to missing components etc lots of dead links on the interweb, so this is a much welcomed release.

Heres what my current config looks like:

foobar095vo8.th.png