Pc2 6400

Geil PC2 6400

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820144062

I just ordered this to hold me over so i can RMA my OCZ's.I should have them by tuesday i hope then i can RMA my OCZ's.Right now im using one module in single channelbanghead.gif But what do you guys think of this stuff is it any good.I know its not D9 stuff but for $134.99 shipped i figured wtf.A few weeks ago it was over $230.And from the reviews it looks like it OC's pretty well .And im only looking for DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 and that just what its rated at.

While never my first choice, Geil does seem to be pretty solid stuff. I never use it, but that's not a bad reflection on the company, I just have my pet brands, and I'm ultra-picky on ram performance.

Are you just using them temporarily? If so, no prob whatsoever. If you don't know which to use permanently, the only way to know which kit is better is to benchmark and OC them both until one comes out on top.

You may be suprised. Firestix by Buffalo were not my first choice when I started looking for memory, but in checking several OC and benchmarking reviews, the performance impressed me enough to steer me away from some OCZ Titanium Alpha VX2's, and that's saying something. You may find that your Geil kit will out perform the OCZ's overall. And if so, that's the way the cards are stacked.

You never know, once in a while you try something new, and like the flavor so much you keep it, hehe. Keep us informed as to the OC and performance of this kit.

Ok well I got my ram last night and this stuff runs great.It OC's better than my OCZ PC2 8800 Gold XTC's.The OCZ's need 2.4v to run DDR2 1000 at 4-4-4-12(default is 2.3v at 5-6-6-15 at DDR2 1100 ) and these Geil DDR2 800s do it with 2.2v.I tried 2.3v frist and then backed off to 2.2v and my PC booted right up.Another thing these auto detect at DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 were as my OCZ auto detect at DDR2 667 4-4-4-10..Now im starting to wonder what chips these use?I know the ram list shows these as Spek Tek-3's(which by the way is a division of micron)But they act a lot like

D9's.These also run DDR2 800 3-3-3-8 with 2.2v.Oh yeah and they are week 15-07 so they were made in march.Im wondering if Geil is using microns again.I know they use D9's in the 3-3-3-8 6400's.So maybe some of those chips spilled over to the standard 6400

geilddr26400mediumyx8.jpg

Micron will produce modules with the listed IC's untill they run out, and then they bump to the next highest bin of IC's. So it is possible you got a form of the D9 in the dimms.

Like I said, reach into a hole, sometimes a snake bites ya, sometimes you pull out a $20 bill. Looks like you came out with the $20 this time, hehe.

Micron will produce modules with the listed IC's untill they run out, and then they bump to the next highest bin of IC's. So it is possible you got a form of the D9 in the dimms.

Like I said, reach into a hole, sometimes a snake bites ya, sometimes you pull out a $20 bill. Looks like you came out with the $20 this time, hehe.

Yeah i think your right.Running DDR2 1000 4-4-4-12 at 2.3v.Had to bump the voltage back up +.1 because ram was acting strange.It didnt crash but you could just tell it needed more juice.3 days not a single problem .PC boots up in the mornings now and runs great.But with the OCZ's i was lucky if i didnt have to clear cmos