My new keychains.

likewhoa

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys a little o/t but if you had a processor in a mobo once and the heatsink didn't make good contact and it caused high temps that shutdown the system (100c)

but the proc and mobo work fine could it cause long term temp effects on the cpu ?

If it works you should be fine, just do some orthos run at stock for a few days to make sure.

I think he lapped it...which voids the warranty:sad:

Yeah....not sure I'm gonna ever do that again, I really wanted to sell the damn thing too.

I'll try it in a DS3 tomorrow when it gets here, my Infinity was (and is) having some weird problems right now (i.e: its broken) so maybe it's just not recognizing it for some reason...

/crosses fingers

Otherwise I'm gonna etch something into the IHS, drill a hole in it, then hang it on a gold chain. Bling bling! (sorta)

hey dan sorry about the ds3 for realz

at least newegg is mah bros when it comes to that stuff.

and the proc has been running fine it just runs a little hot it could be because of an uneven IHS though because another proc with the same heatsink ran fine.

No worries man, hell maybe they'll send a newer revision. :angel:

Otherwise I'm gonna etch something into the IHS, drill a hole in it, then hang it on a gold chain. Bling bling! (sorta)

:sweat: who new meaning to Bling!

is a E6400 the ultmate in Geek bling then at the moment,:P

Doc

ps how bling is an ex-opty 165 on a chain

Yeah....not sure I'm gonna ever do that again, I really wanted to sell the damn thing too.

I'll try it in a DS3 tomorrow when it gets here, my Infinity was (and is) having some weird problems right now (i.e: its broken) so maybe it's just not recognizing it for some reason...

/crosses fingers

I guess you won't be lapping one for a while,.. I also had an Infinity that died,.. waiting to play with the BAD AXE2 now.. I'm really upset at DFI's boards now. Hopefully the 965 will do better.

hey guys a little o/t but if you had a processor in a mobo once and the heatsink didn't make good contact and it caused high temps that shutdown the system (100c)

but the proc and mobo work fine could it cause long term temp effects on the cpu ?

Eventually it's probably going to wear down on the system and cause regular crashing. That and a lack of power is what caused my old P4 to crash whenever I was in the middle of anything.

Every 10 C in either direction will either double or halve the live of the processor, assuming all else (e.g., voltage) is the same.