RMA issue - Ultra D 939 need advice

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you know how much wattage and amps does the ultra D board use besides the cpu and other fans connected to it etc. -- i know my cpu is at 89 watts - 4 fans connected to the board are about 3 watts each and half a amp each at most - -- also how much power in watts and amp is my video card pulling ? its a 6800 xt pci e --

hi - ok i got the new psu back in and its running fine so far -

didnt have any problems booting and not leds on the board which is great - but i am still wary yet - have to run it a while - i tried that psu calculations - - i dont think its correct - according to that - i need almost 900 watts :)

i am watching the 12v now with smart and everest and what i did notice with the other one - was that is moved alot from 11.96v to 12.03v -- so not sure if that was a sign of going bad and not sure how long its been doing that - i just figured its ok to move a bit up or down - didnt really look like it was a big drop but i guess it matters

now its at 12.03 and hasnt moved -- actually none of them moved - with everest - -

i also got a psu tester and used it before putting it in my system to write down what the volts were brand new -

so in case something goes haywire again - i can test it and compare it - i am happy its not the board - pain in the butt to take out and RMA that - i did call DFI and got the RMA form and called AMD for the cpu in case it was that -

another thing i did notice with the other one was that when i powered it up - it took a sec or two to start and sometimes the yellow light on the board didnt go on right away - by the memory - took a few secs then kicked in - but didnt boot then - just 4 leds on the board -

now the yellow lights are on right away and boots fine -

do you know if i can still use my OC setting in reloaded or do i have to clear them out and enter them again ?

i read to do that after a bios update - but not sure with the psu problem if i have to clear them or can i use them

thanks - i hope this one lastes longer than a year

i emailed tech support from the DFI website -- or i think theres a email for RMA - cant remember now - i got a email back in a few days -- dont expect to hear back in a day - i think it was 3 days before i got a email with a form to download - you would have to fill that form out and fax it back or email it back to see if its under warranty - i think my problem is solved with the new psu so i guess it wasnt my board or Cpu - i never used the RMA from DFI -- but i kept the form in case i would need to in the future -- always good to have -

check the website - you have to look around for a while but it should be there somewhere or if not - just email someone there :)