RMA issue - Ultra D 939 need advice

I like my Hiper PSU, never had any problems.

With Dual rails/Quad rails it depends on what the manufacturer has done.

It might be 1 rail dedicated to the CPU (+12v P4 connector) and other rail does the rest.

Or 1 rail does 24pin ATX and 4pin +12v P4, other does the rest.

What you could do is try to reduce the load, remove everything that is not required to power the board and see if it always works.

4 RED LEDs means it cannot detect the CPU.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi - thanks for the info - but its still confusing about the rails

anyway - if this psu dosnt work out for me - the next one would be the pc power one - one rail - high amps thats it -

why bother with dual or quad rails --

so now 4 leds mean its the cpu !!! - that sucks - thing that bothers me is - it never had a issue before - it all started when i went to connect 2 fans i had on the board to the psu instead and then it all went downhill from there -- even after i put it back the way it was -

sometimes it gets stuck with one led on - but for the most it was 4 leds -- how can i check that my CPU is good ?

i want to reduce the load but cant figure it out - since i had more fans connected before in my previous case and it worked fine - i reduced a few fans when i went to the TT amor case but added WC setup - and its been working fine since i switched cases about 3 months ago

it does seem like a power issue - but i really done know for sure till i get the new one in -

can you tell me with everything i have in my Sig -- shouldnt my psu - hiper 580 Watt be enough power to run everything ? i am not running SLI --

i just got off the phone with AMD - about my processor in case i have to RMA it back since its retail - i have 3 years - and i kept the heatsink but changed fans - they were going thur the RMA process but i stopped them because i want to see if the new PSU fixes the problem - but i was told to try to boot up with the CPU out of the socket to see if the MB detects it or not -- if the MB detects the cpu and its out of the socket - then its the MB thats bad - on the plus side -

i believe i can get a replacement on my MB from newegg

if its the board - do you know how long the warranty is for retail DFI boards ?

AMD also said to try updating bios - after checking the MB with CPU out of the socket - but i also noticed that my battery volts were at 3.07 most of the times - sometimes at 3.08 or 3.09 -- so i though that was strange - i have a new battery now for it --

and one time i noticed the feg. of the cpu to be at 2.1 rather than 2.2 -- i noticed it with the power monitor from amd software - but i rebooted and then was back to 2.2 -- just once i seen that -- i told AMD this and was told to check it in sys. properties which i didnt so cant be sure if that was correct or not --

how can i check if the video card is good or bad ?

is there a program i run ? its a year old also - xfx 6800xt 256ram - i cant remember if i had it OC'ed or stock - if its OC'ed -- it was at 400/1000 or 1.16

i used the program to pick the best OC for it -

is there any way to check the video card ?

Only way to test the gfx card is to try it in another pc and run same games/3dmark06/05.

Obviously if it is faulty/overclocked too much you may see some weird effects/texture corruption on the screen.

ok so if i run all those tests which i have on the computer and it dosnt crash - would that mean its not the video card causing my problems ?

i want to try to rule out the video card -- the problems i am having -- would you say its not the video card

ok i feel a little better now - one less thing to worry about

since i connected a maze 5 block to it - i would have to put the orginal fan back etc. for rma --

they received my psu today and hopefully if they ship it out tomorrow or monday - i should have it by next weekend

i still dont understand about the rails etc. and how can i spread the load out between all the fans etc.

on my psu - there are 4 connections with 4 pins -

i think 2 connections with 2 pins and one with 3 pins which i dont use - i guess it for the older motherboards

i am thinking that the connections with the 4 pins are the 12v ones ? so two of them are one rail and the other two are the other rail -

i just like to know how i can spread the load out so i dont over load one rail - the last post some one stated it was just hype they print about the rails and they are one rail etc. - - i didnt get that one -

maybe someone can explain it in simplier terms -

i dont even care to understand it really - i would to just like to understand how i can connect this psu to spread the load better between all my fans etc. --

Well the 12V comes from one place! Thats it! There is only one transformer doing the converting from 120VAC to 12VDC which means there is no rails and crap like this! See PC Power & Cooling 1KW PSU states one rail and some blank amount of Amperage. This is the way it should be labeled. No fluff and confusion of the customer. When buying a PSU never look at the rails and how may you got etc. Look at the max Amperage and the max Wattage. I hope you understand what I'm saying. Remember the power comes from place, so either you got enough juice or not. Thats it! :)

yeah i got it know - its a bunch of bull and just confusing

i asked Hiper this and got a email back saying that one of the 12v supplies power to the system - and the other 12v supplies power to the rest of the system - so from that i am guessing that i would need the board - and everything connected to the board to be under 18amp total - and the rest of the system needs to be under 20amp -

next psu is going to be the pc power one - looking at the 750watt with 60amp -- for the price thats great --

i find out next week if the new psu was the problem -

i was also told from AMD that i can try booting up without the cpu in the socket and see if the 4 leds on the board light up or not - to rule out the board or the cpu this way

because if the psu dosnt fix my problem - then i have to rma something else - either board or cpu - or both maybe -

i just got my new PSU in - its the same hiper - i RMA it back - so i hope to get it together this week and see if this fixes the problem -- i am ready to RMA the board or CPU if this dosnt work - or maybe both -

i let you know how it goes - i was told by AMD to try to boot up with out the cpu in the socket to see if its the board or not - i let you know how this works out --

thanks