HSF mounting...

Allright, I'm a n00b at mounting HSF's. Everytime I do this I get some scratches on the base. I think this is because I put the HSF on, and when I try to put the screws in the holes the HSF moves a little bit, and then I have to turn it back.

My temps are always ridiculous, now 50-54C (core 0 and 1, Core Temp Beta values), this time with a friggin Tuniq Tower 120:eek2: Maybe because my chip runs hot, but it *should* be cooler than this.

Do the pro's have any advice to give me? Except lapping the bases next time and using only a tiny bit of AS5 (100% sure I didn't use too much this time)

A lot of people who have that heatsink have great results with them. Now with that vecore of 1.35 on your X2, is should not be that hot. You have to reseat the Tuniq again and see what happens. This time clean the heatsink base with a 91% alcohol or better and do the same with the X2. By the way, do you already have the system on a case, if so then try with the mobo flat on a desk or flat surface making sure that it does not make any contact with a mettalic object, that way the heatsink just sits on top of the cpu. I have had to reseat my 9500 many times on my naked Opty to get 33-35 degrees on a 1.58 vcore. Now that its on a case it used to droop down a bit causing the base and cpu on an odd contact so I used a plastic tie to keep the 9500 from drooping down. Good luck.