Mouse and Keyboard stopped workingin the PS2 ports?

Not sure what this could mean but my PS2 ports stopped working. I have tryed other mice and keyboards and same thing. The computer will see them but they wont work. I am using USB keyboard and mouse right now but I really dont understand what could be wrong with my PS2 ports.

Thanks guys?

This just happened to me too with my sli-dr. When I boot with the ps/2 kb plugged in it will make this clicking noise and I can't get into windows right now because I did a cmos clear and have to press "F1 to continue or delete to enter setup." And I don't have a usb kb so that rig is kinda SOL right now until the new usb kb and mouse gets here. The best guess I could come up with is that the ps/2 port just simply burned out. Does yours also make a clicking noise when you boot?

No Noise, everything lights up even the optical in my mouse but they wont work at all. I tryed clear CMOS and still nothing, I tryed doing system restore back to last week, still nothing!

Its just weird that out of the blue this would happen, its got to be the MoBo cuz when I restored my rig, it should have been fine. Im going to try another PS2 KB and Mouse and see if they do it also. Ill have to learn to live with USB for now, but Ill want to get this RMA'ed at some point.