nF4 expert wont boot above CAS 2

LDT is set to 3x, 825.3 MHz. I have tried to bump the LDT and chipset voltages, but not too much... What is a good max voltage to give them?

normally I would totally agree, but more voltage to underclock something? it just doesnt make any sense to me. :confused: I have tried to give my memory 3.2v, no change.

EDIT:

I just tried the whole spectrum of LDT voltages and up to 1.65v on the chipset to see if it would even boot 3-3-3-8, no luck.

The LDT & Chipset are quite happy (don’t get hot) at maximum voltage.

I have run my chipset at 1.84v 24-7 for way over a year with the fan set at 3500rpm in Smart guardian and it stays under 45oC

I only asked about the LDT because if you push over 1000+ you need extra voltage to boot 825 mhz will be fine all day at minimum voltage 1.2v I think.

I think the only thing left to try is the Chipset voltage.

If you find you can boot with high chipset voltage but are un-happy running it like that you could always replace the stock cooler with a VRE & some AS5 which would keep it super cool although I haven’t found it necessary.

Assassin, we have eerily similar computers. I also have the same problem, anything above CAS 2 will post but not let me load XP. I'm not at home at the moment so I can't test this, but I'm pretty sure I can't load XP even at stock DDR400 speeds at CAS 2.5 or higher, yet at CAS 2 everything's fine.

My problem is that with 4 sticks of TCC5, I can't overclock as well as 2 sticks and thus I'm stuck with slower speeds and thus slower cpu speed.