dell pc w/mce onboard ethernet not detecting

klrtovfr

Hi my brother has a fairly new dell with windows mce. He was updating to new video card drivers for a nvidia 6600 or 6800. Somehow the onboard lan is not showing up. He has the latests as well as old drivers for the ethernet. But it keeps saying in device manager that there is an error detecting the ethernet even though it shows up in device manager and the driver is installed. Tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling with older drivers, but stll the same thing. It is a Gigabit extreme somthing or other .57xx. Anyone have a clue to what im talking about? i dont have his pc next to me so i cant remember or get all the details right away.

un-install the drivers....download the new drivers from dell...then delete the nic in the device manger...reboot...

Then when it detects the new hard ware...click cancel...just double click the zip folder with the nic files...and let it do its thing...when it unzips the files and you click OK it will install the file automatically...I just did this last night on a dell for the same reason....;)

you will need to download them on another pc and move them to the pc you want to install them on...either via cd or flash drive...;)

well, he tried installing another nic card in the pci slot as well as using a usb one that he had on an old laptop, but those will not work either so it doesnt seem to be a driver issue then, maybe something in the registry. I told him just to do a fresh install of windows mce but he doesnt want to lose anything.