Legacy gaming, no sound...

TheHolyLancer

Hello, I have a DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D (s939) with the karajan audio module and I'm trying to game older games like Transport Tycoon and another Chinese game (Jing Young stories), the sound set up (setsound.exe) gives me a ton of options that i have no idea how to set up, like creative sound blaster 16 (which I actually have a old 16 bit pci sound card sitting around) and other like IBM internal music speaker (the only onw will work, but only through the internal speaker...), my question is, do I have to use my old 16 bit creative vibra (CT4810, OEM one), which i think is worst for modern gaming than the built in karajan (CS:S with a 16 bit sound card O.o...), or is there some way i can configure my games to work with the karajan, or an easy way of switching between the two, or should i just try and get my mom to let me use my old rig with the older hard ware and plug this thing in?

I think older games will regard your karajan as a 16bit soundblaster or compatible, you shouldn't need to add an actual soundblaster card for it to work, just select soundblaster as if that's what you have in your system.