Op1000

There really isn't anywhere to attach a fan inside the front of the power supply casing. It would have been nice if they had made the case a little longer and supplied an inlet fan to go along with the outlet fan. What about perforating the casing to allow cooler air from inside the PC case to be drawn through the PSU? Would this keep the fan speed & the accompanying noise level down?

ss-olympia-op1000-4.jpg

Why? If the 600.00 pc power & cooling does not have it what would make you think the 340.00 silverstone has one?

Trust me dude Silverstone is a great psu and also a great company to deal with and buy stuff from! All of their products are top shelf I will attest to that!

Looks nice. But I can´t believe the details about the noise level... It uses only one 80mm fan, can´t be that silent.

Gipse

Ive got a Silverstone Zeus 750W, and I'm guessing it's the same 80mm fan. And yes, when things start to heat up, and the fan starts to crank up, it's way too loud. Makes me miss my old Enermax Liberty at times. :)

But yes, aside from the noise, this unit seems bulletproof. Silverstone units are top shelf, its just a shame the about the noise. I'm thinking about seeing if I can find a replacement fan.

Why? If the 600.00 pc power & cooling does not have it what would make you think the 340.00 silverstone has one?

Trust me dude Silverstone is a great psu and also a great company to deal with and buy stuff from! All of their products are top shelf I will attest to that!

Who knows what limitations were placed on the designers? Why do our own personal rigs have more than the stock amount of fans if what the manufacturer put in there was adequate?

I have a Thermaltake Purepower 680w. It has the cross-flow fan set-up & is quiet.

ttpp8_T.jpg

Here is the PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW:

pcpnc1k_008.jpg

Notice the front side is perforated with holes. It's not completely sucking PSU air out of the casing, it's moving interior PC case air over, through, & out of the PSU. It just doesn't have the inlet fan on the front.

I installed it yesterday. I had to modify the mounting of it because it's about 1/4" longer than the PSU cage. The PSU cage in the CM Stacker is longer than most to start with. I used 4 motherboard standoffs to fill in the space between the PSU mounting plate & the case itself.