Northbridge Cooling anyone?

So now that I got the new BIOS installed on my 975x/g, I have been able to bet past my strange 355x9 wall. That aside I have hit a new wall. my Northbridge is averaging about 63C under load once I get to 400x9. Looking for a Good chipset heatsink that will fit on the darn thing though. With the Scythe Infinity CPU sink I have on there, the CPU never goes above 42C even at 3.6Ghz 400x9, but it gives me just enough clearance for the stock Heatsink on the Northbridge (about 1"3/4").

What is everyone using for their Northbridge on the 975x/g and any ideas on a slim but compatible Northbridge Heatsink?

I was thinking personally about getting the Thernalright HR-05 and just using thermal epoxy to hold it on...

I was thinking personally about getting the Thernalright HR-05 and just using thermal epoxy to hold it on...

I'm fairly certain the HR-05 fits just fine without epoxy or anything, just normal thermal paste and the supplied clips work.

I've got them sitting in front of me but I'm not going to mount it until I have my camera - I'm certain more than a few other people have done it though and Travis posted something about it a while ago, check the stickies in the old DFI Intel section.

I am using the HR-05 right now, but I am also looking into this Noctua NC-06 ... I have the Noctua NH-U12 for my CPU heatsink and it's doing a fantastic job of keeping things cool ... here's what it looks like ...

dsc00463bj2.jpg

I do have a fan on the HR-05, but it's left off in this pic ... I'm getting an Evercool Aluminum 70x15mm chrome fan for the HR-05 from SVC to keep things nice and cool ... hopefully some e-tailer in the Lower 48 will get that Noctua NC-06 ... dual heat-pipe and 6 year warranty! Solid copper base and adjustable bracket holder ...now that's not too bad!

do yourself a favor and make damn well sure that the hr-05 and the back of that x1900xtx dont touch as you will hear a zippp noise and your card will be dead. happened to my 8800gts! :(

Not to worry, my friend, plenty of room and FYI, here is a pic that shows cable ties on the HR-05 (with cheesy fan) that helps keep any metal to metal contact ... dsc00517as9.jpg

The image WAS resized to 800x600 ... geeez!