BH5 and NF-d....just WOW

thanks for the help guys....i dunno if i want to push my ram with that much voltage. It just doesnt seem safe to me without some type of heatspreader on there at least. Maybe i should pick some up =)

BTW, i have the base NF4, -D i think?

Right now its sitting at 235, 6-3-3-2.5, 3.2v, 1t

Going to try it alittle higer then 235...with the same timings and see.

uwackme discovered that heat "blankets" can actually hinder Winbond clocking. It's all about airflow over the PCB where the heat from the chips is dissipated. 3.3-3.4v is a good 24/7 range with some quiet airflow. Actually the chips can get fairly warm without airflow even at 3V JFYI.

Also if you mess with the jumper, it's probably emphasized in any guide about it, but just remember to have the BIOS set to more than 3V when that jumper is set to 4V max (particularly an issue when flashing as the CMOS default of 2.6v could damage the VReg quickly, unless they removed options lower than 3V in later BIOS versions at the higher jumper setting). Any lower could fry the VReg as it draws from the 5V rail in that position and the larger differential is problematic for it.

Hey , i just swapped the jumper but for some reason, its not showing up.

I know im supposed to change the CPU VID Control...but what do i set that at? Its on auto now, but i dont want to give it more juice or not enough juice.

I tried it and since the CPU VID control is set to auto, it didnt show up.