Dead MoBo?

I think I may have fried my mobo over the weekend. :(

I was swapping in the Opteron 165 Denmark and transferring everything to a new case. However, when I powered on I got nada, no sizzle, no pop, absolutley nothing. Standby LED was on but the DRAM LED was blank. I pulled everything non-essential, put one stick of RAM in the first orange slot and still no dice. The power supply jumpstarted okay so I'm fairly sure that it's kosher.

I think it's a mobo issue. Although, occasionally I get a brief flicker after reinserting the 24 pin connector several times :shrug:. Unfortunately it's been about 18 months and I didn't get the extended warranty (who does?).

My cheapest way out seems to be to buy a new board but I was wondering if I have overlooked something. Any suggestions??

You should re-build the pc outside of the case (Just like a new build). Something in your new case could possibly be shorting out the mobo. building outside of the case elimnates this possibility from the equation. (I know it sounds like a pita, but if you buy a new mobo you'll be doing it anyway.)

Also, (I'm sure you already tried) try the old chip.

MalibuSS

As suggested above try following the initial build guide out side the case. This is another one of the reasons for this guide and the build outside the case is to elliminate a standoff in the wrong place in the case. If the board powered up outside the case you would better off know where to start looking. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ial+build+guide Sometimes I think people don't realize all the thought that went into this build guide. it is not meant to treat people as begginers it is meant to narrow down the search area and elliminate common problems from the equasion. Follow this and if your still exprerienceing the same thing then most likely it is your board. providing your power supply tests out as good and your cpu is not to blame. And please include your location in your user CP so people know where your at. this also helps when directing people as to where to go for an RMA. thanks