Need advice

I read that it is highly recommended to disable cool n quiet support while overclocking.

Should I leave it disabled all the time or I can enable it again when I find max of my cpu?

One more thing when overclocking ram how should I change latency settings?

For example I set FSB speed to 215 it means that my ram is running at 430. Let's say that at this frequency with 2.5-3-3-8 my memory becomes unstable and system won't boot.

Now with which order should I change my latency settings?

For example should I try changing first let's say cas from 2.5 to 3 or should I try changing cas and ras to cas delay then it would be something like this 3-4-3-8 or should I try changing it all together at the same time. Is there write answer on this or I need to play with it and try to find best result?

Any suggestions? Thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He he I've got one more question. I clocked my cpu to 2520 Mhz 280x9.

I passed super pi and occt tests and now I want to run prime95 (that's my first time).

Which test should I run?

1.small ffts

2.in - place large ffts

3.blend

or custom if custom which values should I enter?

Thanks for your answer calvintang but I'm not 100% shure that you understand my previous question

blend

he meant with loose timings meaning 3-4-4-8 - cause if your gonna clock your ram you will be at 3-4-4-8 anyways.your ram will max out around 260MHz. If you use a ram divider then use one that gives you the tightest timings your ram will do no mater what divider. meaning if your ram will do 2-3-2-5 @200 MHz then find a divider that will allow you to. its better then using a divider and 3-4-4-8

I runed prime95 for 10:30 hours and it was ok. I manage to clock my cpu to 2520 Mhz 280 x 9 at 1.55 v, I was curious so I set fsb to 289x 9 ( 2601 Mhz ) but than I need to raise up a little bit Vcore so I set it to 1.5 + 110% to get 1.65 V. At this settings I passed super pi and occt without any errors but with 55 C cpu temperature at full load.

At 2520 Mhz cpu temp is between 45 – 49 so I quit running 2600.

Now I want to overclock my memory but I don't have any cooler for it just stock aluminum hot spreader.

Will it be enough for let's say 50 Mhz overclock becouse I clocked it for 14 Mhz just to try and I touched aluminum hot spreader it was pretty hot. Another question is how far can I go with vdimm using this memory and its aluminum hot spreader? Thanks

I runed prime95 for 10:30 hours and it was ok. I manage to clock my cpu to 2520 Mhz 280 x 9 at 1.55 v, I was curious so I set fsb to 289x 9 ( 2601 Mhz ) but than I need to raise up a little bit Vcore so I set it to 1.5 + 110% to get 1.65 V. At this settings I passed super pi and occt without any errors but with 55 C cpu temperature at full load.

At 2520 Mhz cpu temp is between 45 – 49 so I quit running 2600.

Now I want to overclock my memory but I don't have any cooler for it just stock aluminum hot spreader.

Will it be enough for let's say 50 Mhz overclock becouse I clocked it for 14 Mhz just to try and I touched aluminum hot spreader it was pretty hot. Another question is how far can I go with vdimm using this memory and its aluminum hot spreader? Thanks for help

I read that it is highly recommended to disable cool n quiet support while overclocking.

Should I leave it disabled all the time or I can enable it again when I find max of my cpu?

Thanks

Leave Cool'n Quiet disabled period.

Ha I don't know which chips are on it. I just found on hot spreaders this "xms 32002 v1.2" 0640012-1. I don't know if I can remove hot spreaders to see which chips are on they?

So what's your suggestion? Maybe to leave it on 2.6 V (it is by spd) or set it to 2.7 and try to find max on that voltage. Thanks