How is this stepping?

stanggt00

Reading it off of the CPU the stepping is CCBE 0615EPMW 1456058D60220 . Is that the whole number or do I need to run CPUID for all the info? I would like to know how the stepping are for this processor and overclocking. So far I got 2600 on air with 1.31V 36C idle and 45C load during OCCT.

Reading it off of the CPU the stepping is CCBE 0615EPMW 1456058D60220 . Is that the whole number or do I need to run CPUID for all the info? I would like to know how the stepping are for this processor and overclocking. So far I got 2600 on air with 1.31V 36C idle and 45C load during OCCT.

That's an incredibly good stepping.. I've seen 3GHz on it several times.

That's the stepping of the CPU. I've seen 2.7-2.8GHz on stock volts.

Thats good to know. Now I just need to get the right combination for my ram so I can get this to 2800.

What is a comfortable temperature to keep this thing at on air? I know the volts are what really increases temps so if I can do it on 1.3, would my temps stay around 50C or less?

Thats good to know. Now I just need to get the right combination for my ram so I can get this to 2800.

What is a comfortable temperature to keep this thing at on air? I know the volts are what really increases temps so if I can do it on 1.3, would my temps stay around 50C or less?

Quite possibly. Most of us like to stay in the 40's to low-mid 50's (right), but how hot you want to run your CPU is totally up to you. Just as it's your choice how many volts you want to pump through your CPU.

SO far this thing ate up 2.6 with 1.31V and never went or 46C and stayed right at 44C 98% of the time. I tried 2.8 and it failed OCCT almost immediately, but I didnt drop the HTT multi down or up the volts. I am taking a break from OCing right now so I can get some play time in. After that I am sure I can get 2.8 @ 1.4 or less and at or under 50C. Opty's are the bomb :D

SO far this thing ate up 2.6 with 1.31V and never went or 46C and stayed right at 44C 98% of the time. I tried 2.8 and it failed OCCT almost immediately, but I didnt drop the HTT multi down or up the volts. I am taking a break from OCing right now so I can get some play time in. After that I am sure I can get 2.8 @ 1.4 or less and at or under 50C. Opty's are the bomb :D

Good for you :P

Gaming first. Overclocking later. :sweat:

I usually tend to stay below 1.55v. I had 2.75GHz with 1.47v on the Sandy, and it took somewhere in the 1.6v range to hit 2.8GHz - I left it at 2.75GHz. Temps were fine at 44C with load.