3gz - Prime95 for 1hr 39minutes

Flybye

So..3ghz...Prime stable for 1hr 39minutes then it failed. Ok, I've gotten used to playing with settings within 5 minutes of Prime failing. How should I go about tackling this? What setting/s would most likely help me push 8hrs of Prime? Help me oh great OCing Gods I'm not sure I have the patience to be testing everything for over an hour LOL. I want to play some games damn it!

Here's what I got:

vcore:1.57 (1.55v & 1.60v Prime only lasts a few minutes)

vram:3.10

vldt:1.5

vchipset:1.80

Currently:

Ram at a 233mhz

HT: 2.0

3-4-4-7

2T

trc:13(auto)

trfc:15(auto)

trrd:2(auto)

twr:2(auto)

twtr:1(auto)

trtw:4(auto)

tref:3120

twcl:1(auto)

Skew: decrease (but registers as FASTER in TWEAKER)

read write queue bypass:8x

bypass max:4x

max asynch latency:11ns

read preamble:9ns

idle cycle limit: 16clks(auto)

Drive Strength: weak (auto)

32 byte granularity: disable

Here are a few things I see that could be holding you back.

May want to look into Tref values of 2560 & 3684 as well.

vcore:1.57 (1.55v & 1.60v Prime only lasts a few minutes)

vram:3.10

vldt:1.5

vchipset:1.80

Currently:

Ram at a 233mhz

HT: 2.0

3-4-4-7

2T

trc:13(auto)

trfc:15(auto)

trrd:2(auto)

twr:2(auto)

twtr:1(auto) 2

trtw:4(auto) 3

tref:3120

twcl:1(auto)

Skew: decrease (but registers as FASTER in TWEAKER)

read write queue bypass:8x

bypass max:4x

max asynch latency:11ns 9

read preamble:9ns 6

idle cycle limit: 16clks(auto) 256

Drive Strength: weak (auto)

32 byte granularity:

From what I can tell, your 4 x 512MB DIMMs are probably what is keeping you from being 100% stable. Best bet is to get 2 x 1GB DIMMs for best stability. AMD and 4 sticks of RAM are not the best play mates.

Here are a few things I see that could be holding you back.

Thanks. I'm still trying a combination of your suggestions, but still no luck.

From that I'd say you need 1.6v and better cooling.

At 1.57v 100%, I'm fluctuating between 48-50c. 1.6v definetely takes me to the lower 50s.

From what I can tell, your 4 x 512MB DIMMs are probably what is keeping you from being 100% stable. Best bet is to get 2 x 1GB DIMMs for best stability. AMD and 4 sticks of RAM are not the best play mates.

I know I know. 4 sticks is kinda like a sin around here LOL :P

Hello,

What happens if you use a lower FSB:dram ratio?

(Try to keep the memory at 200Mhz or lower)

Even use 1 stick or 2 sticks.

EDIT spooky post :)

Good point. I'll lower the ram some more, but I would prefer not to remove any ram.

Guys, I played Unreal Tournament 2004 and FEAR last night for about 5 hours and no lockups. I guess that's a good sign :) Come on baby *rubs belly of Overclocking God* just a few hours more :D

Our setups are very.. very similiar...

but first... try to achieve 3 GHz with 2 x 512MB of your TCCD... the reason? once you do that you know your chip is capable of doing that... click the A64 Rig link in my sig to check my 3GHz Club OCDB entry...

that should give you a good idea of the settings to use to get a stable GGG entry with your setup using 2 x 512MB with 4800 plat elites...

once you do that you'll know your chip can handle it and you'll know how much vcore it will take to get the job done... at that point I would try to adjust the RAM timings, tRef, etc to get a 4 x 512MB entry...

just so you know.. I also have 4 x 512MB of ocz plat 4800 elites and I will be attempting this too..

lastly.. your pumping WAY too much vdimm through that TCCD... stop it!!! just stop with the 3.1 vdimm.. you're gonna burn out some of the best DDR1 one the planet.. no more than 2.9v.... that is plenty..

also.. you're really pushing the upper limit for vcore on your chip... and your temps are too high... you have good water cooling but once you go over 48C load temps things get unstable... I ended up having to remove my IHS to get 3GHz... I'm not saying you should do that... but when I did that it brought the temps down and gave me the stability boost I needed.

good luck..

I know I know. 4 sticks is kinda like a sin around here LOL

There's nothing wrong with using four sticks of ram. However, 2x1GB is always better for 24/7 use then 4x512MB. Four stick also have a tendency to limit the overclock because of the added stress on the memory controller.

Our setups are very.. very similiar...

but first... try to achieve 3 GHz with 2 x 512MB of your TCCD... the reason? once you do that you know your chip is capable of doing that... click the A64 Rig link in my sig to check my 3GHz Club OCDB entry...

that should give you a good idea of the settings to use to get a stable GGG entry with your setup using 2 x 512MB with 4800 plat elites...

once you do that you'll know your chip can handle it and you'll know how much vcore it will take to get the job done... at that point I would try to adjust the RAM timings, tRef, etc to get a 4 x 512MB entry...

just so you know.. I also have 4 x 512MB of ocz plat 4800 elites and I will be attempting this too..

lastly.. your pumping WAY too much vdimm through that TCCD... stop it!!! just stop with the 3.1 vdimm.. you're gonna burn out some of the best DDR1 one the planet.. no more than 2.9v.... that is plenty..

also.. you're really pushing the upper limit for vcore on your chip... and your temps are too high... you have good water cooling but once you go over 48C load temps things get unstable... I ended up having to remove my IHS to get 3GHz... I'm not saying you should do that... but when I did that it brought the temps down and gave me the stability boost I needed.

good luck..

Agreed!

.....lastly.. your pumping WAY too much vdimm through that TCCD... stop it!!! just stop with the 3.1 vdimm.. you're gonna burn out some of the best DDR1 one the planet.. no more than 2.9v.... that is plenty..

And it took me a while to find these boogers, too :( But they didn't want o play nice with anything >3.0v OCZ has them rated to work up to 3.0v +/- 5%, and I have NO plans to take them beyong 3.1v.

also.. you're really pushing the upper limit for vcore on your chip... and your temps are too high... you have good water cooling but once you go over 48C load temps things get unstable... I ended up having to remove my IHS to get 3GHz... I'm not saying you should do that... but when I did that it brought the temps down and gave me the stability boost I needed.good luck..

At 50%, I'm hitting 46C. I just measured my water's temp through the fillport and it is 34C. Does that temp differance sound about right to you guys or did I over do it with the thermal compound?

Also, what temp difference did you see when you removed the IHS?

And the day I resell this CPU, how the heck do I put it back on? LOL. With thermal adhesive like the one sold at Danger Den?

LOL oh great. I've waisted about 3hrs today trying to get 2 sticks stable, and I can't even get them stable for over 30 minutes but I can get 4 sticks stable for almost 2hrs. :rolleyes:

Hmm...I think I'm going to stick the 4 sticks back in and try a lower fsb:dram ratio.

3.5hrs!! :D

CPDMF, I've tried all your settings lot of your settings and nothing seems to work right. Is there a specific combination of them that I should have tried?

My settings are the same as above except:

DRAM:215mhz

Max Async Latency: 10ns

Read Preamble: 9.5ns