Max Voltage: Venice 3000+

prosser13

Depends on how much volts a 100 MHz is worth to you.

Maybe on your rig

Yeah youre right actually, I was comparing it to my dc opty @ 3ghz :rolleyes: But even still, you get to a point with normal cooling where upping the voltage doesnt help the overclock, since the extra heat generated is detrimental to the stability.

Yeah youre right actually, I was comparing it to my dc opty @ 3ghz :rolleyes: But even still, you get to a point with normal cooling where upping the voltage doesnt help the overclock, since the extra heat generated is detrimental to the stability.

yeap and that point is way different on a dc opty. then it is on a 3xxx anything :rolleyes:

When it comes to memory and power supplies, that phrase seems to be the most popular one on this forum.

Funny how that works :D

Well, I started having to up the voltage a lot to get anywhere, had to stop for Crimbo but got to 2.633ghz (293mhz) with about 1.57V (using special as well as VCore).

That gave me 34 seconds with SuperPi - I'm going to push for 300mhz FSB when I get a chance, busy playing BF2 at the mo lol.

I run my PC everyday at 271mhz FSB (2439mhz) with 1.475V, have played BF2 for 23 hours since I got it for Crimbo and not a single crash :D