Which 2x1gb DDR400 kit?

From all I've read, those Crucial modules(w/UCCC?) compare fairly well with the TeamGroup w/Micron IC's. Accually I got the feeling that they aren't quite as picky about secondary timings.

I've been able to get to 266fsb 1:1, but had to use the 180/200 mem ratio to take it any higher. Right now it's at home priming @ 2750 1.29 vCore. Already past 12hours, going for 24. Keep your progress posted here for your new Opty when ya get it. If you don't mind. Good luck w/your new rig.

Anything Crucial = Micron chips.

Ballistix PC4000 with 5B-D: I didn't tweak the secondary timings at all to get to 280MHz 1:1.

Ballistix PC4000 with 5B-F: Took a lot of tweaking to get to 2.52GHz stable. Secondary timings are a pain in the butt.

If the label on the sticks read 16TD, then you're screwed. Your modules will fail.

But then again, knowing nothing, I must be completely wrong.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything Crucial = Micron chips.

Ballistix PC4000 with 5B-D: I didn't tweak the secondary timings at all to get to 280MHz 1:1.

Ballistix PC4000 with 5B-F: Took a lot of tweaking to get to 2.52GHz stable. Secondary timings are a pain in the butt.

If the label on the sticks read 16TD, then you're screwed. Your modules will fail.

But then again, knowing nothing, I must be completely wrong.

Mine has 16TFY2, but whats wrong with the 16TDs? http://www.legitreviews.com/article/262/1/ this article seems to think they are pretty good. I don't run mine higher than 2.8v and its at 2x270 540mhz@1:1, 3,4,4,8 CR 1t, my cpu is at 2431mhz, was seeing if there was a big performance difference in running on a divider vs 1:1 and for everyday stuff i didn't see a difference at all but opening programs and such is slower at the lower 2.4ghz. At 2x260/520mhz running on a divider 1t 3,3,3,6 I got my 165 up to 318fsb for 2841mhz at 1.4v, Orthos stable at 8hrs and I ran this for a few weeks 24/7 with no BSODs, my kids running Halo constantly and everything is cool. I love these things but considering that running on a divider only seemed to make a difference in benching i might have saved some money on a good set of DDR400 instead.

Mine has 16TFY2, but whats wrong with the 16TDs? http://www.legitreviews.com/article/262/1/ this article seems to think they are pretty good. I don't run mine higher than 2.8v and its at 2x270 540mhz@1:1, 3,4,4,8 CR 1t, my cpu is at 2431mhz, was seeing if there was a big performance difference in running on a divider vs 1:1 and for everyday stuff i didn't see a difference at all but opening programs and such is slower at the lower 2.4ghz. At 2x260/520mhz running on a divider 1t 3,3,3,6 I got my 165 up to 318fsb for 2841mhz at 1.4v, Orthos stable at 8hrs and I ran this for a few weeks 24/7 with no BSODs, my kids running Halo constantly and everything is cool. I love these things but considering that running on a divider only seemed to make a difference in benching i might have saved some money on a good set of DDR400 instead.

TD=5B-D=incredibly hot=dead

'nuff said

any chance you have your settings nearby you..

Guest LookBackX2

Noneed, I don't think those are the ones that were dying on people. If memory serves me correctly....there were only a couple of months worth of sales on the ones that all fried. Then they wised-up and changed IC's to a newer (read better) Revision that run cooler. You should be fine.

Oh yeah, my Opty duel primed @ 2700mhz for 30hrs 59min @ 2.9vCore. :drool: I wonder what it will do when it needs 1.4-1.5 vCore!:eek2:

Chubby, you had problems with Micron 5b-f based sticks, and could only get them just past ddr500 speeds? Did I say that right? If so,,,,,sucks for you. Sorry man.

After I bought mine Newegg ran out shortly after and doesn't look like they're getting anymore, congrats on the overclock LookbackX2; keeping the voltage low is ideal but 1.5 isn't to bad, I had to do 1.5 on my 165 CCBWE 0551 to get 2.7, it wouldn't go higher than that. My CCBBE 0610 runs hot even at stock, probably would love water naked but its PIB and I don't want to void my warranty, later perhaps... Chubby get aggravated easily but I am cool with that, he still share the knowledge so thats good.

After I bought mine Newegg ran out shortly after and doesn't look like they're getting anymore, congrats on the overclock LookbackX2; keeping the voltage low is ideal but 1.5 isn't to bad, I had to do 1.5 on my 165 CCBWE 0551 to get 2.7, it wouldn't go higher than that. My CCBBE 0610 runs hot even at stock, probably would love water naked but its PIB and I don't want to void my warranty, later perhaps... Chubby get aggravated easily but I am cool with that, he still share the knowledge so thats good.

I get aggravated if someone accuses me of doing something when I didn't intentionally try to do it.

LookBack, I had problems with my 5B-D sticks. Had no trouble clocking them up to DDR590. Didn't try to go up more.

My 5B-F sticks got to 280 with a lot of tweaking for stability, and I have yet to find a divider on them (hence my pitiful 2.52GHz OC).

Why so against using a divider? Is your board not agreeing with lower dividers? I know some people have had issues using certain ones. Have you tried running 2t just for experimenting? I find I get more of a performance boost from cpu clock than running at 1:1. Give it a try and see for yourself. Sorry if I offend it just seems to me your posts can be condescending at times, I don't hate you or nothing; I like heated debating anyways.:P

Why so against using a divider? Is your board not agreeing with lower dividers? I know some people have had issues using certain ones. Have you tried running 2t just for experimenting? I find I get more of a performance boost from cpu clock than running at 1:1. Give it a try and see for yourself. Sorry if I offend it just seems to me your posts can be condescending at times, I don't hate you or nothing; I like heated debating anyways.:P

I'm a defensive person...

Anyways I'm not against using a divider, I'm trying to find one that'll work. Not a ton of ppl posted with these sticks in the OCDB, and I don't have all the time in the world to OC (I'm still in school, sucks), so I probably need to tweak my settings. The 166 and 180 divider don't work.. might try another divider, or find some settings for a lower mem clock later. Shoulda bought some Gskill UCCC instead; boatloads of ppl have that RAM.

I get aggravated if someone accuses me of doing something when I didn't intentionally try to do it.

LookBack, I had problems with my 5B-D sticks. Had no trouble clocking them up to DDR590. Didn't try to go up more.

My 5B-F sticks got to 280 with a lot of tweaking for stability, and I have yet to find a divider on them (hence my pitiful 2.52GHz OC).

The one thing that kinda bothered me was you asked about settings, not an ID or serial tag on the ram, how was I supposed to know what your reffering to? Especially since i posted my ID for the ram in an earlier post, granted it didn't start with z503, but I thought 16TFY2 was enough as 16TDs was what you were asking about or stating were bad.