Core Temp Difference

Jeaze_Mcleod

I am using Core Temp to read temps in my CPU and I am noticing that Core 1 is running a couple of degrees (about 2 degrees) hotter than Core 0. Is this normal or a thermal problem? This is aparent regardless of beign Idel or full cycle.

It's most likely because the IHS has better contact with one core than the other. Or, all those windows processes required for the OS are sitting on one core.

Mine are always the same at idle, but I've had them at 123c, at idle. If you haven't hit that yet, you're probably doing good.

So far it kinda varies so sometimes is even and sometimes it deviates by as much as 2c degrees. Right now Im up to 65c degrees at load so I think that I am doing pretty well with just air. :)

I am currently working on making sure that my current overclock of 3.4 Ghz is stable. :)

65c at what voltage?

With my Tuniq tower, I was getting mid to high 80s in a hot room at 1.55v full load, and high 70s with a cold room. With watercooling I get mid 60s with the fans low(the tuniq's fan was always run 2000 RPM) and the pump low in an average room.. and 44c with the radiator in the window and a high pump speed.

Does having two fans on the scythe help temps at all, or does it just make more noise?

65c at what voltage?

With my Tuniq tower, I was getting mid to high 80s in a hot room at 1.55v full load, and high 70s with a cold room. With watercooling I get mid 60s with the fans low(the tuniq's fan was always run 2000 RPM) and the pump low in an average room.. and 44c with the radiator in the window and a high pump speed.

Does having two fans on the scythe help temps at all, or does it just make more noise?

yes it will help using an extra fan on the scythe 2-4c loaded temps, depending on the fan u use. i like putting a faster fan on the back sucking out, myself. that can give even better results ive found

I am hitting 60c degrees with a VCCP of 1.56. I dont want to go beyond 1.58 volts yet since I still dont know how far can my CPU go without frying it! I am sticking to the 1.58 as a max for now since I saw it as part of Raju Mini OC guide. If Angry or Raju is reading this thread please advice if I can go higher than 1.58v with my current setup.

On the other side I have found out that a second fan on the Heatsink doesnt do any help. I have monitored the temps at load with just one fan and it seems like it wont go much lower with an extra on the heatsink and an exhaust fan. I am running an exhaust fan anyways to help in the general temperature of the case but I have to be honest I did not find any real difference.

Now I do have an intace fan with a duct going to the blowing fan of the heatsink so in a way that would make a difference. I wll start experimenting with that as soon as I can.

Also I am running my NB at 1.75v eventhoug its registering 1.72v and my DRAM at 2.25v. I am running a 50% overclock and so far it seems rock solid... more to come in the future.