cant seem to raise FSB over 225Mhz

Sneekypeet

Sneeky, sorry for getting a little off-topic, but most of the information was still helpful in some way. Email me the full, uncompressed screenshot to [email protected] and I will put it on my server and post a link so that everyone can get a look at it full-size with no restrictions. Consider this the olive branch. Welcome to the Street!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While things did wander off-topic you should be appreciative of the fact that someone provided info that the program you were told to use is crashing systems. The off-topic posts are now ended.

If you're still looking for suggestions you might try posting a screenshot of your settings that someone can actually read.

and just as a short explination when i goto other forums usually the MOD helps the guy with the thread first instead of helping the crasher but i do see your point on the pic but still seems odd that your first reply in the tread wasnt your pic sucks and btw here is the program issue ......you instead negated my post and jumped to help the jacker just seems odd to me!

Right off the bat, and I am no memory expert, but your Tras is at 6, and it should be from the Overclocking Guide should be CAS latency + tRCD + 2 clock cycles. For example, if you set the CAS latency to 2 clock cycles and the tRCD to 3 clock cycles, the optimum tRAS value would be 7 clock cycles, or in your case, round it up to 8. Your Trc is 7, which Formula-wise, the row cycle time (tRC) = minimum row active time (tRAS) + row precharge time (tRP), in your case should be 8+3, or 11. Your Trfc looks a little bit low, but Praz or CPDMF help me out. You could also try setting the CAS (2.5 in your settings) to 3. I'm sure Praz will have more insight, but that's what I've learned so far here at the Street. Hope it's right. :P

www.swansonsperformance.com/images/sneeky_shot.jpg

First thing I would do is insure stability at stock settings.

HTT - 200

Multiplier - 10

HT Multiplier - 5

Divider - 200

Memory (2.5-3-3-8 2T)

All other memory settings on Auto. Run Memtest using the commonly agreed upon configuration.

Not being a smartass, but just because it was- doesn't mean it is. Put the timings to what Praz said, and run Memtest for Windows set for 800MB of memory and run it until it says 3000% coverage. Nothing electronic lasts forever, Praz is making sure your value memory isn't kaput. ASSuming is the worst thing you can do when trying to troubleshoot, you have to verify everything, especially starting off that everything still works at stock speeds before you go zooming off into the sunset. The moderators and other people here will help, but you have to do what they ask so they can eliminate things.

So let me see if i got this str8 make sure in bios to see if all settings match for memory as stated by Praz (2.5-3-3-8@2T) and enable memtest and start. Cheking other settings as well!

Quick question as to where i set it to only see 800MB of the 1024?

When or if I pass said test to 3000% coverage should I set my memory timings to lassered's suggested timings and repeat test?

and lastly of this 3 parter...just to make sure I'm on the same page. I got this out of the timings

change Trc from 7 to 11

change CAS from 2.5 to 3

change Tras from 6 to 8

and i see a mention of my Trfc but no indication as to what to try instead!

thanks fellas , chad

i had a 3000+venice, with 2*512mb of ram corsair VS stuff

i had the fsb @ 267 *9 (2400mhz on the venice)

vcore : 1.46 (1.35+110%)

my timing were : 2.5-3-3-8 2T (because that Value stuff hates 1T on my ultra-D) on a 150 divider (03/4 in bios if im right)

i was using 04/06/06 bios and it worked like a charn for over a year, (was using 6-23 bios be4 the 04-06-06)

every other timing were on AUTO, Vdimm 2.6 + .03 enable (about 2.7V on MBM5)

hope this help