cant seem to raise FSB over 225Mhz

Sneekypeet

I'm having an issue setting FSB over 225Mhz with stock 10x multi and memory set to 166 ! I've been messing around with a few guys on skype trying diffrent things. All to no avail ! was wondering if someone might be able to tune in this issue. I also ran a program called SYSTOOL which OC's an AMD64 by itself and I could get the FSB there to 242 with 166 divider and mem. hits just over 201Mhz . also i tried it without the divider at 166 , fsb went to 227 and so does memory ! Tried difrent timings for latency, also tried setting memory to 2T....no boot.

take it easy fellas as you can see I'm a noob here and to OC'ing but absorb info fast and very willing to learn T.I.A. chad

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Street :)

The best place for you to start is the Overclocking Guide (Link in my sig).

Read the guide, then read it again & again until you understand it. It has everything you really need to know.

Using SYSTOOL (or any other software) to OC with is generally not recommended. Ultimately the best method is to OC though the BIOS. Good luck & have fun :)

I did some more reading and changed the auto multi on cpu to 9x and set memory back to 150 w/2.8V...CPU is at 1.45V and now bus goes to 255, but crashes with bright bleeding light that seems to glow from the bottom of the black post screen??????? ht link is in the 700's memory only hits 191Mhz @255 FSB oh and yes I've read and read for like 6 months now...lol

want to try to hit 2.4 or 2.5 on air is my goal any other advice?

or is it true that this RAM just isn't gonna take it , as I've been told at other forums?

It's true, Value RAM is never a good bet, but post your A64Info shot to let the smart guys (Praz, CPDMF, RGone, and some others) get a look at your "big picture".

EDIT- for example, CPDMF looked at my timings, and in one sentence enabled me to get my RAM up at least another 10MHz over what I had before, stably. These guys really know what they're talking about.

whats your Vcore @?

1.425V

also went thro and set clocks in bios and checked CPU-Z and it reads

CAS# Latency @3

RAS# to CAS# delay @4

RAS# precharge @3

Cycle time (Tras) @4

Bank cycle time (Trc) @8

Command rate @1T

is this correct to try to up FSB????